Sales & MarketingLocation
The Westin Portland Harborview, 157 High St, Portland, Maine, United States VIEW ON MAP Schedule
This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Aimbridge Hospitality. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.JOB SUMMARY
Join the Westin Family Today!
Benefits include daily staff meal, employee discounts, 401K, 40 hours of paid time off, and more! See below for details!
$1,000 Sign On Bonus!*
The Hotel Sales Manager is responsible for attainment of assigned goals tied to the overall performance of the hotel. The individual will be responsible for effectively soliciting and securing new accounts. The Hotel Sales Manager will work in conjunction with the Director of Sales to achieve the hotel’s revenue and market share goals for one or more properties. The focus of sales may vary based on the respective property the associate is assigned to (i.e. Leisure Business Travel Group SMERF). Management-level associates are expected to work as much of each workday as is necessary to complete their job responsibilities; for OEM associates overtime does apply and is calculated accordingly.JOB REQUIREMENTS QUALIFICATIONS:
- High School diploma or equivalent required; previous Hotel Sales experience preferred.
- Must have a valid driver’s license for the applicable state.
- Must possess developed verbal and written communication skills to frequently negotiate convince sell and influence other managerial personnel hotel guest(s) and/or corporate clients.
- Experience with professional selling skills desired: opening probing supporting closing
- Must be proficient in general computer knowledge especially Microsoft Office products
- Must be able to work independently and simultaneously manage multiple tasks; strong organization and presentation skills
This company is an equal opportunity employer.
- Effectively attain assigned sales and revenue goals as well as solicitation call goals.
- Proactively conduct solicitation calls conduct sales tours and entertain clients specific to Leisure SMERF Business Travel (BT) and/or Groups as applicable by property.
- Grow existing relationships with assigned accounts specific to Leisure SMERF Business Travel (BT) and/or Groups as applicable by property.
- Monitor and evaluate trends within your market segment.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive friendly courteous and service-oriented manner.
- Adheres to Aimbridge Hospitality’s established regulations company standards sales standards and sales metrics related.
- Develop a full working knowledge of the operations and policies of the hotel and applicable departments.
- Maintain strong visibility in local community and industry organizations as applicable.
- May assist in implementing and/or participating in special promotions relating to direct sales segments i.e. sales blitzes etc.
- Attend daily/weekly/monthly meetings and any other functions required by management.
- Perform any other duties as requested by the General Manager or Director of Sales.