Sales & MarketingLocation
Sheraton Bloomington Hotel, 5601 West 78th Street, Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States VIEW ON MAP Schedule
This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Vinakom, Inc.. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.JOB SUMMARY
Manage, coordinate, and execute group assignments turned over by the Sales Department. Monitor all contractual agreements pertaining to guest room blocks, meeting space, food and beverage and special concessions. Effectively communicate to all hotel departments the information necessary to successfully execute the group’s needs while maintaining a good client relationship.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
· Maintain strong client relations and ensure that convention specifications are communicated and executed for a successful meeting experience for the meeting planner and attendees.
· Monitor and manage room blocks according to contract utilizing group history reports and information given by clients to maximize hotel revenue, making adjustments as necessary.
· Review sales contracts as well as other important information, i.e., room block, cut‑off date, special concessions and attrition clauses. Client must be notified at cut-off date or prior to any estimated attrition charges that will apply.
· Update Hotel System with Client information, i.e. Name, Address & Contact Information, Sales Manager’s information, Room Count (if necessary), Remarks & Comments, Payment Information and all other required information needed.
· Responsible for obtaining all direct bill applications and getting it to the accounting department for credit approvals of groups arriving at the property 90 days prior to arrival if applicable. Create AR Account # after Direct Bill has been approved.
· Accurately forecast group rooms and group food and beverage revenues for assigned groups and affiliate business within a 5% variance.
· Responsible for obtaining all rooming lists, monitor rooming list cut off dates, get all menu details, meeting room setups, refreshment break needs, postings, and any other additional needs of the client to ensure a successful event at the property
· Produce and distribute resumes two weeks prior to first day of main group arrival and communicate any changes and updated information to hotel departments.
· Participate in site visits and plan meetings for upcoming groups.
· Act as a liaison between the sales and operations department of the hotel to ensure a successful event for the clients and all of the client’s needs are met and communicated accurately and efficiently to all departments of the hotel.
· Participate in Pre/Post‑Convention meetings and review final invoice with client upon request. .
· Greet all clients as they arrive at the hotel to ensure that they have all required items per the BEOs. For larger events, weekend & evening hours maybe required.
· Monitor and enforce program deadline dates and work with clients to release meeting space not needed to maximize hotel revenues.
· Produce and distribute convention resume two weeks prior to first day of main group arrival and communicate any changes and updated information to hotel departments.
· Distribute BEOs for group and affiliates 10‑14 days prior to events.
· Generate thank you notes and service evaluations for group clients in conjunction with the Sales Manager.
· Additional Responsibilities may be assigned by the Director of Sales or General Manager.SUPPORTING FUNCTIONS
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the manager based upon the particular requirements of the hotel.
· Introduce and recommend house vendors as preferred vendors as determined with the revenue goal of the hotel.
· Establish checklist trace dates using appropriate computer programs.
· Generate VIP, limousine and amenity forms as required.
· Maintain solid and open communication with all hotel operating departments.
· Maintain good working relations with preferred vendors of the hotel.
· Maintain up‑to‑date information on program and food and beverage events in hotel’s inventory management system.
· Attend all department and hotel meetings as necessary.JOB REQUIREMENTS SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of knowledge, skills, and abilities.
· Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
· Must be able to read and write to facilitate the communication process.
· Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written.
· Most tasks are performed independently or in a team environment with the employee acting as a team leader. There is minimal direct supervision.
· Extensive knowledge of food and beverage products, proper preparation and presentation of food and beverage items.
· Extensive knowledge of meeting room capacities, banquet set-up, audio-visual and any other pertinent details as they relate to function room set-up.
· Knowledge of hotel and competitive market.
· Must possess basic computational ability.
· Must possess computer skills, including, but not limited to, accounting programs, Microsoft Word and Excel
· Excellent inter-personal and sales-related skills.
· Exceptional organizational, supervisory skills.
· Exceptional food and beverage knowledge and pricing.AVAILABILITY
This company operates seven days a week, 24 hours a day. Generally, the position works Monday through Friday with hours varied based on business demand. At times it may be necessary to move you from your accustomed work day, to include Saturdays and Sundays, or time of work if business or task assignments demand. In addition, it should be understood that business needs determines the amount of hours that you work.This company is an equal opportunity employer.