Manager, VOC AnalyticsJob Number
Sales & MarketingLocation
Marriott International HQ, 7750 Wisconsin Avenue, Bethesda, Maryland, United States VIEW ON MAP Schedule
The Manager, Voice of Customer Analytics supports the business priorities of Marriott’s Consumer Operations organization globally through jointly working with the Global Insights, Strategy, and Analytics department and the Topline Analytics department. The team supports organizations across Marriott including Research & Voice of Customer, Global Enterprise Insight & Strategy, Global Quality and Global Brands. The Manager Voice of Customer Analytics works within a team to design studies, conduct analyses, develop recommendations for business action, and prepare presentations to distribute findings and recommendations. The Manager leverages his/her deep expertise in survey design, analysis, reporting methodology, and advanced statistical techniques to help the business better understand how certain programs and projects impact customer perceptions and behavior.CANDIDATE PROFILE Education and Experience Required
Education and Experience Preferred
- 4-year degree from an accredited university in a business, statistics, advanced analytics, market research or related field.
- 2+ years of relevant professional experience in analytics or customer research.
- Proficiency in SQL Coding.
- Experience evaluating business trends and successfully assisting with the implementation of new business strategies that enhance multi-unit business performance.
- Demonstrated ability to manipulate large amounts of data and translate into meaningful analysis.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
- Master’s degree from an accredited university in a business, statistics, advanced analytics, market research or related field with at least 1 year of relevant professional experience in analytics or customer research.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate data specifications, deadlines and project requirements clearly and concisely to stakeholders.
- Experience using any combination of Tableau, Python, SAS, R, Cognos, or Power BI.
- Possess expertise in SQL and Python to develop statistical forecast and other models within a large-scale enterprise data warehouse environment.
- Experience with text analytics, natural language programming, sentiment analysis and/or social media analytics
- Lodging/hospitality industry experience across multiple brands.
- Strong project management skills and communication.
:Supports the design of research studies and analysis of market research data and information to provide stakeholders with reliable research findings and meaningful interpretation of results.
- Conducts statistical analysis of GuestVoice and other market survey data to answer key business questions.
- Uses advanced statistical techniques to better understand the linkages between product and service factors that may affect customer attitudes and perceptions and ultimately behavior.
- Works with colleagues across analytics teams to maintain a coordinated voice of what customer data is telling the business.
- Supports the development and evolution of reporting requirements of GuestVoice data to properties, area leaders, Continent leaders, and corporate leaders.
- Supports development of survey and interview protocols designed to measure customer perceptions of brand and design concepts.
Serve as Trusted Advisor
- Assists with analyses as needed by other teams.
- Become a subject matter expert in Marriott and external data sources, leveraging expertise gained in survey measurement and other analytical efforts to help Brand, Continent, and Global Marketing senior leadership understand our customers and define the strategic direction of Marriott International.
- Partner with insight, strategy and consulting teams to contribute quantitative insights and serve as subject matter expert on how data analytics and quantitative methods can complement qualitative research to get a complete understanding of customer experience.
- Supports a culture of customer-centric, data-based decisions.
- Works with stakeholders outside of the Insight Strategy & Analytics area to sustain and innovate key programs over time.
- Communicates concepts in a clear and persuasive manner that is easy to understand.
MANAGEMENT COMPETENCIES Leadership
- Attends and participates in all relevant meetings.
- Presents ideas, expectations and information in a concise, organized manner.
- Uses problem solving methodology for decision making and follow up.
- Maintains positive working relations with internal customers and department managers.
- Manages time effectively and conducts activities in an organized manner.
- Performs other reasonable duties as assigned by manager.
- Adaptability - Maintains performance level under pressure or when experiencing changes or challenges in the workplace.
- Communication - Conveys information and ideas to others in a convincing and engaging manner through a variety of methods.
- Problem Solving and Decision Making - Identifies and understands issues, problems, and opportunities; obtains and compares information from different sources to draw conclusions, develops and evaluates alternatives and solutions, solves problems, and chooses a course of action.
- Professional Demeanor - Exhibits behavioral styles that convey confidence and command respect from others; makes a good first impression and represents the company in alignment with its values.
- Building and Contributing to Teams - Participates as a member of a team to move toward the completion of common goals while fostering cohesion and collaboration among team members.
- Driving for Results - Sets high standards of performance for self and/or others; assumes responsibility for work objectives; initiates, focuses, and monitors the efforts of self and/or others toward the accomplishment goals; proactively takes action and goes beyond what is required.
- Planning and Organizing - Gathers information and resources required to set a plan of action for self and/or others; prioritizes and arranges work requirements to accomplish goals and ensure work is completed.
Generating Talent and Organizational Capability
- Coworker Relationships - Interacts with others in a way that builds openness, trust, and confidence in the pursuit of organizational goals and lasting relationships.
- Customer Relationships - Develops and sustains relationships based on an understanding of customer/stakeholder needs and actions consistent with the company’s service standards.
- Global Mindset - Supports employees and business partners with diverse styles, abilities, motivations, and/or cultural perspectives; utilizes differences to drive innovation, engagement and enhance business results; and ensures employees are given the opportunity to contribute to their full potential.
Learning and Applying Professional Expertise
- Talent Management - Provides support and feedback to help individuals develop and strengthen skills and abilities needed to accomplish work objectives.
California Applicants Only
- Applied Learning - Seeks and makes the most of learning opportunities to improve performance of self and/or others.
- Business Acumen - Understands and utilizes business information to manage everyday operations and generate innovative solutions to approach business and administrative challenges.
- Technical Acumen - Understands and utilizes professional skills and knowledge in a specific functional area to conduct and manage everyday business operations and generate innovative solutions to approach function-specific work challenges.
- Basic Competencies - Fundamental competencies required for accomplishing basic work activities.
- Basic Computer Skills - Uses basic computer hardware and software (e.g., personal computers, word processing software, Internet browsers, etc.).
- Mathematical Reasoning - Adds, subtracts, multiplies, or divides quickly, correctly, and in a way that allows one to solve work-related issues.
- Oral Comprehension - Listens to and understands information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Reading Comprehension – Understands written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Writing - Communicates effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
: The salary range for this position is $81,525.00 to $174,271.00 annually.Colorado Applicants Only
: The salary range for this position is $81,525.00 to $158,430.00 annually.New York City & Westchester County, NY Applicants Only
: The salary range for this position is $98,644.00 to $174,271.00 annually.Washington Applicants Only
: The salary range for this position is $81,525.00 to $174,271.00 annually. In addition to the annual salary, the position will be eligible to receive an annual bonus. Employees will accrue 0.4616 PTO balance for every hour worked and eligible to receive minimum of 7 holidays annually.
All locations offer coverage for medical, dental, vision, health care flexible spending account, dependent care flexible spending account, life insurance, disability insurance, accident insurance, adoption expense reimbursements, paid parental leave, educational assistance, 401(k) plan, stock purchase plan, discounts at Marriott properties, commuter benefits, employee assistance plan, and childcare discounts. Benefits are subject to terms and conditions, which may include rules regarding eligibility, enrollment, waiting period, contribution, benefit limits, election changes, benefit exclusions, and others.Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law. Marriott International considers for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Marriott International is the world’s largest hotel company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. We believe a great career is a journey of discovery and exploration. So, we ask, where will your journey take you?