Posting Date May 04, 2021
Job Number 21041475
Job Category Sales & Marketing
Location The Westin Los Angeles Airport, 5400 W Century Blvd, Los Angeles, California, United States VIEW ON MAP
Brand Westin Hotels & Resorts
Position Type Management
Located Remotely? N
At Westin, we are committed to empowering the well-being of our guests by providing a refreshing environment, thoughtful amenities, and revitalizing programming to help ensure that they leave feeling better than when they arrived. We recognize that travel can be disruptive to our guests’ well-being, and we’re energized to assist as partners in helping them maintain control and soaring above it all while on the road. Everything we do is designed to help guests be at their best, and they appreciate our supportive attitude, anticipatory service and extensive knowledge on how to best assist them throughout their stay. We are looking for dynamic people who are excited to join the team and ready to jump into any situation to give a helping hand. If you’re someone who has is positive, adaptable and intuitive, and has a genuine interest in the well-being of others around you, we invite you to discover how at Westin, together we can rise.
Handles customer inquiries and lead requests for locally driven groups with rooms (e.g., 10-300 peak room nights) within predefined group sales parameters outside the sales office. Works with customers to align preferences and actively up-sells each business opportunity to maximize revenues and drive customer loyalty. Verifies that business is turned over properly and in a timely fashion for quality service delivery. Drives customer loyalty by delivering service excellence throughout each customer experience. Processes business correspondence and creates contracts and other related booking documentation as required. Manages the transaction of group customer inquiries and lead requests and achieves revenue and booking goals for the team.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 2 years experience in the sales and marketing, guest services, front desk, or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Marketing, Hotel and Restaurant Management.
• Group sales experience
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Sales Activities
• Handles customer inquiries and lead requests for locally driven groups with rooms (e.g., 10-300 peak room nights) within predefined group sales parameters outside the sales office.
• Refers opportunities to sales associate if business is outside these parameters.
• Works collaboratively with other sales channels (e.g., Area Sales, Group Sales, on-property resources) to establish coordinated sales efforts that are complementary and not duplicative.
• Works collaboratively with hotel attractions and outlet teams on property to book outlet business at parameters for group opportunities.
• Leverages knowledge of resort amenities to close opportunities (e.g. destination attractions, golf, spa, recreation options).
• Understands the importance of the destination sell as well as the overall market - competitors’ strengths and weaknesses, economic trends, supply and demand etc. and how to sell against them.
• Verifies that business booked is within hotel parameters.
• Assists with selling, implementation, and follow-through of group sales promotions.
• Closes the best opportunities for hotel based on market conditions and property needs.
• Executes and supports the operational aspects of business booked (e.g., generating proposal, writing contract, customer correspondence, communicating with property attractions/outlet teams).
• Actively up-sells each business opportunity to maximize revenue for individual properties.
• Conducts site inspections, as required.
• Understands and actively utilizes company marketing initiative/incentives to close on business.
• Implements process improvements and best practices.
• Leverages other Sales resources and administrative/support staff to achieve personal and team related revenue goals.
• Creates clear expectations for customers throughout the sales process.
• Attends pre- and post-convention meetings to understand group needs, obtain feedback on quality of product (e.g., rooms, meeting facilities and equipment, food and beverage), service levels, and overall satisfaction.
• Provides accurate, complete, and effective turnover to Event Management/Local Social Management.
• Verifies that the property implements a seamless turnover from sales to operations and back to sales while consistently delivering high level of service.
• Monitors the effective resolution of guest issues that arise as a result of the sales process by creating mechanisms to channel issues to property leadership and/or other appropriate stakeholders.
• Processes business correspondence and creates contracts and other related booking documentation as required.
• Performs other duties, as assigned, to meet business needs.
Building Successful Relationships
• Drives customer loyalty through excellent customer service throughout the sales process.
• Serves the customer by understanding their needs and recommending features and services that best meet their needs.
• Builds and strengthens relationships with existing and new customers to enable future bookings.
• Builds and maintains strong working relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
• Gains understanding of the property’s primary target customer and service expectations; serves the customer by understanding their business, business issues and concerns, to offer better business solution both prior to, and during, the program/event.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law. Marriott International considers for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.