any CEC or HQJob Number
Sales & MarketingLocation
CEC Headquarters, 7750 Wisconsin Avenue, Bethesda, Maryland, United States VIEW ON MAP Schedule
The Senior Director, CEC Deployment & Communication Services oversees a global team responsible for the implementation of new products, services and processes across all Marriott’s Customer Engagement Centers. As part of the implementation efforts, this position is also responsible for defining the CEC communications and change management strategies to support specific transformational efforts as well as the business-as-usual CEC operations. A primary responsibility will be working across multiple CEC and HQ discipline partners creating a unified project plan and success factors that delivers operations’ performance improvements, financial benefits / return and mitigates the implementation impacts to the centers and associates.
This role is responsible for defining strategies and plans for implementing projects, including assessing the operational impact to the centers, developing associate and leader communications, identifying training needs, and implementing tools to track and drive change adoption across all centers. The Senior Director will partner closely with regional Deployment Directors and CEC Communications resources to create a comprehensive implementation plans that align with the overall goals across the various CEC projects and initiatives. Success will be measured by creating a viable plan and timeline that drives benefits and manages impacts to the centers and associates.
Given the diversity of services, efforts and content areas, the Senior Director, Deployment Services will need exemplary teamwork skills and a demonstrated ability to successfully work with a wide range of teams. Additionally, success in this role will also require CEC Operations familiarity/ experience, strategic thinking, strong relationship skills, a proven ability to manage multiple workstreams at the same time, as well as a willingness to be tested on difficult projects and initiatives. The Senior Director, Deployment Services will be expected to excel at the following:
CANDIDATE PROFILE Education and Experience Preferred
- Collaborating with CEC leadership and relevant stakeholders needed for implementation activities (e.g., Site leaders, Training, Communication, Technology, HR, Workforce, etc.) and defining success factors as well as being willing to escalate issues when needed
- Collaborating with CEC leadership on communications/change management preparations, reviews and approvals to be sent to relevant CEC stakeholders and audiences
- Establishing implementation playbooks with strong project methodology and governance models. Associate facing projects examples include: new hire process, ID provisioning and access audits, new brand integration, telephony platform implementations and upgrades, site openings/expansions/renovations, implementation of WFH strategies, associate coaching model; Azure Virtual Desktop (AVD) migration; Gaylord ICE annual program launch, etc.
- Assessing operational impacts to centers and associates and creating risk mitigation plans
- Managing teams via weekly meetings and status reporting
- Understanding the needs of associates and centers
- 4-year degree from an accredited university in from an accredited university in Business Administration, Marketing, or related major and 8+ years of relevant professional experience, demonstrating progressive career growth and a pattern of exceptional performance.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES Strategic Project Leadership
- 10+ years of relevant professional experience in of relevant professional experience in marketing or related function, demonstrating progressive career growth and pattern of exceptional performance.
- Expertise and proven track record in managing complex, multifunctional initiatives
- Experience in providing direction and performing responsibilities via influence ability (as opposed to line management authority)
- Proven success in introducing and implementing major change to complex organizations
- Experience in international business environments preferred
- Solid track record of advancing business direction and strategies
- PMP Certification preferred
- Direct and manage one or multiple projects through project management lifecycle
- Execute project governance to manage issues escalation, project prioritization, etc.
- Ensure deliverables meet needs and can be implemented and sustained in the market
- Direct cross-functional teams with internal and/or external staff to execute initiatives/projects
- Manage vendor relationships with regard to project deliverable needs, contractual obligations, and general scope of work
- Communicate results to business leaders
- Recommend course-correction or cancellation of priorities that are unable to meet intended results and stated goals/objectives
- Identify ambiguous requests and facilitate collaboration amongst leadership, Business Sponsors and other impacted organizations to define strategy and scope
- Define project objectives, goals and milestones at the onset of a project
- Create and execute detailed project plans
- Gain alignment across critical stakeholder groups
- Negotiate and influence project direction to achieve results
- Provide processes and communications that create accountability with project team and drive results
- Lead Project Governance to manage issues escalation, project prioritization, etc.
Tracking & Measurement
- Act as primary point of contact for Project Sponsor(s)
- Serve as primary point of contact for all team members
- Provide reporting when and where needed
- Escalate and resolve issues, as necessary
- Keep team members on-task via weekly meetings
- Manage communication to other key executives via Steering Committees
Managing Responsibilities with Stakeholders
- Monitor success of initiatives/projects and existing programs/products/services
- Assess CEC initiatives across the year to ensure successful progress to financial targets
- Establish and implement a measurement process to gauge success of projects
Leading and Managing Teams
- Develops and maintains effective relationships with both internal and external stakeholders across the organization. Fosters a positive climate to build effective teams that are committed to organizational goals and initiatives.
- Updates stakeholders on key initiative wins and opportunities, responds to concerns, and solicits feedback. Engages leadership to develop and execute action plans to address gaps.
- Assists direct reports with building and maintaining stakeholder relationships as business partnerships.
MANAGEMENT COMPETENCIES Building Relationships Customer Relationships
- Hires, develops, and retains diverse talent that makes a strong, positive impact on the organization.
- Creates a team environment that encourages accountability, high standards, and innovation.
- Sets clear organizational goals and expectations for direct reports using the performance review process and holds team accountable for performance.
- Continuously improves team and job structures and ensures clear leadership accountabilities are in place.
- Builds teams with the appropriate mix of talent and skills to drive innovation and performance. Identifies talents of direct reports, and assists with their growth and development plans.
- Facilitates regular, ongoing communication in department.
- Shows an understanding of the needs of different customer/stakeholder segments and develops appropriate service strategies.
- Creates a service‐oriented environment and empowers others to build strong customer/stakeholder relationships.
- Monitors customer/stakeholder feedback and metrics to improve service delivery.
- Uses appropriate risk management resources when serious customer/stakeholder situations occur.
- Creates and coaches others on promoting an environment where everyone is valued and included.
- Champions the Company culture of service, opportunity, respect, and fair treatment.
- Ensures processes are in place to address concerns related to equity and fair treatment.
- Brings together people with diverse backgrounds to drive innovation and engagement.
- Establishes diverse partnerships across the industry, profession, and Company.
- Champions the attraction, development, and retention of a multicultural and multigenerational workforce.
- Ensures that all associates have the opportunity to achieve their full potential.
- Implements programs that promote inclusion and engagement.
- Ensures strategies are in place to promote inclusion, enhance engagement, and maximize business results.
- Builds strong working relationships across departments or teams.
- Models and coaches others on creating an open, trusting, and supportive work environment.
- Coaches others on how their behavior impacts coworkers and the work environment.
Generating Talent and Organizational Capability Developing Others
- Coaches direct reports to work together to set expectations for achieving shared goals.
- Creates and holds direct reports accountable for building an environment that supports feedback and ongoing development.
- Sets and models expectations for required behavior, knowledge, and skill levels.
- Provides ongoing feedback and customized coaching to others.
- Develops others by identifying needs and setting appropriate department, team, and individual goals.
- Conducts talent reviews across the business and develops succession plans for key leadership positions.
- Networks with high potential leaders and coaches others on targeted recruitment efforts.
- Uses available recruiting and hiring tools, brings together hiring teams, and makes hiring decisions.
- Supports successful on‐boarding of new hires.
- Continuously improves department, program, team, and job structures and ensures clear leadership accountabilities are in place.
- Puts systems and processes in place to manage department and program performance.
- Brings together the appropriate talent levels and mix of skill sets to drive innovation and performance.
- Establishes and ensures understanding of the scope of decision-making authority for team members.
Leadership Communication and Professional Demeanor
- Models and holds direct reports accountable for using meetings and other forums to regularly communicate.
- Actively listens and uses appropriate communication styles to deliver information in an articulate, understandable, and engaging way.
- Influences others to accept a point of view, gain consensus, or take action.
- Keeps leaders informed about key issues.
Leading Through Vision and Values
- Models and coaches others on displaying a leadership style that conveys confidence and gains respect from others.
- Models, coaches, and holds others accountable for leading ethically and with a high degree of integrity.
- Promotes a convincing and inspiring vision for the direction of the Company, brand, and team.
- Models and holds departments and project teams accountable for developing and implementing programs that reflect the Company’s core values.
- Presents the need for change in a positive way that encourages commitment and action.
- Encourages others to identify ways to implement desired changes.
- Models and coaches others on staying calm and focused during stressful situations.
- Models flexibility and adjusts others’ and own priorities when managing multiple demands.
- Manages stakeholder expectations during change.
- Develops strategies and provides resources to implement change.
Problem Solving and Decision Making
- Takes steps to minimize the stress others feel when change occurs.
- Models and sets expectations for offering suggestions and solving complex problems.
- Uses data from different sources to evaluate alternatives, consider their potential impact, and make decisions.
- Involves key stakeholders to gain agreement and support before making high impact decisions.
- Makes key decisions and guides others to implement solutions in a reasonable amount of time.
- Demonstrates a strong understanding of Company, brand, discipline, and program strategies.
- Uses data to thoroughly evaluate opportunities and focuses on those with the greatest potential business impact.
- Adapts global Company and brand strategies into plans that can be implemented within the business to maximize customer/stakeholder satisfaction and profitability.
Learning and Applying Professional Expertise Business Acumen
- Uses data to build program strategies and make the business case for stakeholder commitment.
- Uses an understanding of market dynamics and the business environment to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Monitors industry and market changes and adjusts priorities as needed.
- Sets department or team standards and uses key business metrics to evaluate performance.
- Models and coaches others on making business decisions based on data from a variety of sources.
- Evaluates profit and loss statements, develops operating budgets, and conducts forecasting.
- Demonstrates sound business judgment in addressing resource needs and improving efficiencies while balancing associate, customer/stakeholder, and financial results.
- Creates an environment where learning is valued and encouraged.
- Models and sets expectations for others to evaluate own and others’ strengths and developmental needs.
- Secures resources and creates opportunities for self and others to improve performance through stretch assignments and other professional development activities.
- Models and coaches others to stay current on industry/discipline trends and holds others accountable for using relevant best practices.
- Establishes training requirements for the team and holds others accountable for meeting training goals.
- Models and holds others accountable for staying current in area of expertise.
- Shows a strong understanding of the operating principles, resource needs, terminology, and interdependence of all relevant functions to support successful discipline operations.
- Promotes the development of partnerships across teams to solve complex issues and improve performance.
Managing Execution Building a Successful Team
- Ensures compliance with contractual, legal and regulatory requirements.
- Coordinates with other departments and teams and helps clarify the responsibilities of each group.
- Communicates clear expectations about how departments, teams, and individuals contribute to success.
- Considers associates’ strengths and team dynamics when assigning work.
- Coaches and holds others accountable for establishing team‐building strategies and encouraging cooperation.
- Involves team members in making decisions that impact the team.
Driving for Results
- Recognizes achievements that support department and team success.
- Reinforces a team environment that encourages accountability, high standards, innovation, and strong business performance.
- Works with others to establish shared and individual goals.
- Monitors department, team, and individual performance.
- Makes sure associates are clear on expectations, timelines, and budget requirements.
- Identifies and focuses on business opportunities that have the highest value for the Company.
- Helps others understand work requirements by explaining why the work is important and breaking down projects into manageable tasks.
- Analyzes department, team, and individual workload to prioritize tasks and delegate appropriately.
- Identifies and obtains the equipment, materials, personnel, and other resources teams need to accomplish their work.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
- Establishes and coaches others on processes for monitoring work quality and project milestones.
Marriott International is the world’s largest hotel company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. We believe a great career is a journey of discovery and exploration. So, we ask, where will your journey take you?