Posting Date Apr 30, 2021
Job Number 21041831
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location The Ritz-Carlton Budapest, Erzsebet Ter 9-10, Budapest, Hungary, Hungary VIEW ON MAP
Brand The Ritz-Carlton
Position Type Non-Management
Located Remotely? N
At more than 80 award-winning properties worldwide, The Ritz-Carlton Ladies and Gentlemen create experiences so exceptional that long after a guest stays with us, the experience stays with them. As the premier worldwide provider of luxury experiences, we set the standard for rare and special luxury service the world over. We invite you to explore The Ritz-Carlton.
Explore our very big world
We welcome you to join our global and diverse family. Whether you’re new to hospitality or a seasoned professional, you can come to us knowing that you will always be appreciated for your natural talents. Your positive energy and people-pleasing mindset are an important part of why our guests stay with us again and again.
Rewards for work, benefits for life
At The Ritz-Carlton, Budapest you do not only work for an iconic brand and take your career to a new level but you will get benefits from the below:
- Training opportunities – from learning a new language to acquiring knowledge of other departments
- Transfer opportunities around the world within the Marriott International
- Wellbeing activities
- Employee Recognition (staff parties, employee of the quarter celebrations etc)
- Travel allowances, shift allowances, service charge and tips
- Meals on duty, Uniform and Laundry services
- Discounted room, F&B and Spa prices
- Referral Scheme
The impact you’ll make
You know the finest details of our menu and can’t wait to share your expertise with our guests. When they dine with us, your warm greeting, flawless table settings, and your friendly demeanor do not go unnoticed. No matter the day, you set out to provide each guest with a dining experience that will be remembered long after their stay.
What you’ll be doing
As our new Waiter/Waitress you would get a 360° degree picture of our four Food & Beverage departments. This means that you would be serving at the Ipanema outlet which is the only Brazilan grill restaurant in the city; you would learn the techniques of how to serve afternoon tea at our beautiful Kupola Lounge where you would assist with breakfast as well; you would be one of our first Lady or Gentleman at our newly opened Kaffee Wien ; and lastly you would master how to give personalized service for our guests through In-Room Dining (room service).If you speak fluent English and feel confident to build relations with our guest this position is for you!
Your main responsibilities will cover the following tasks mainly:
- Welcome guests and promptly attend to tables
- Serve food and beverages to guests making recommendations if needed
- Share your menu knowledge to assist guests with questions and special requests
- Record transactions in the MICROS system correctly and timely
- Check-in with guests to assure satisfaction with each course and beverage
- Clean tables, complete closing duties and re-stock tableware and other supplies
What we’re looking for
- Great conversational skills and teamwork-oriented
- Positive outlook and outgoing personality
- Previous serving experience is a big plus
This role requires the ability to move and lift up to 25 lbs. Standing, sitting or walking for extended periods of time and ensuring a professional appearance in a clean uniform are also required. Prior to employment, we’ll ask you to complete safety training and certification.
Connect your passions with a rewarding opportunity
You’re a food and beverage enthusiast who really enjoys making others feel at home. When you work with us, you'll get to entertain and meet people from all over the world as you build your experience. Join us and grow through opportunities to explore the business, opening yourself to various career options. No matter your path, we’ll make sure you feel right at home.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.