This legal internship in Marvel Entertainment’s Los Angeles Business & Legal Affairs department provides Second and Third-year law students with a unique opportunity to work with Marvel’s in-house attorneys on cutting edge entertainment, corporate and intellectual property matters. Marvel’s Business & Legal affairs team manages the day-to-day legal work to support Marvel’s live action and animated television production, distribution, financing, and marketing. Among other things, our team negotiates talent deals and drafts talent agreements, negotiates co-promotion agreements, and provides legal advice to our various business partners regarding guild issues, contractual requirements, and intellectual property issues.Responsibilities The Business & Legal Affairs intern should be prepared to work in a fast-paced team environment supporting department attorneys in a wide array of entertainment legal work. Tasks will include but are not limited to:
• Drafting and revising contracts
• Creating and updating contract deal summaries
• Creating and updating legal rights charts
• Reviewing contracts and advising business partners as to legal obligations
• Legal research and drafting of legal memoranda Basic Qualifications - Coursework and experience in intellectual property, entertainment and transactional law preferred
- All candidates must be eligible to work in the US.
- All candidates must be at least 18 years old.
- All candidates must be available during the months of September through December.
- All candidates must provide their own housing and transportation for the duration of the internship.
- All candidates must be able to have a consistent, reliable work schedule throughout the session.
- Resume must outline other internships, degrees earned, work experience, related clubs and organizations, current major course of study, expected graduation date and extracurricular activities.
- Cover letter must include a personal introduction, and days/times available during internship period.
- Preferred Junior or Senior-level standing
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Job type
- Los Angeles, CA, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible