We are looking for a qualified graphic design intern to join our team this fall. Our department works on various types of design projects: web banners, logo design, and advertising design as well as development and design of convention graphics. We work with all departments within the Marvel organization, so a chance to be creative is vast. Students applying for this design internship should have knowledge of current versions of Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign, and a willingness to learn. The ability take creative direction is a definite plus! Portfolio samples are also suggested to demonstrate design ability. Responsibilities This role will assist in the design and creation of various pieces of Publishing marketing including Print House Ads and web marketing including re-skins, website banner units, social media campaigns, etc. It will also work with PR teams on the creation of Convention Presentations. Finally, it will work directly with the Merchandising & Promotions Production Designer and the Sr. Manager of Merchandising & Promotions to design logos, branding, and trade dress for Publishing events. Basic Qualifications Strong understanding of basic design fundamentals and proficiency in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign. Experience in Excel, Keynote & Flash a plus.
- All candidates must be eligible to work in the US.
- All candidates must be at least 18 years old.
- All candidates must be available during the months of September through December.
- All candidates must provide their own housing and transportation for the duration of the internship.
- All candidates must be able to have a consistent, reliable work schedule throughout the session.
- Resume must outline other internships, degrees earned, work experience, related clubs and organizations, current major course of study, expected graduation date and extracurricular activities.
- Cover letter must include a personal introduction, and days/times available during internship period.
- Preferred Junior or Senior-level standing
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Job type
- New York, NY, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible