The Walt Disney Company is a world-class entertainment and technology leader. Walt’s passion was to continuously envision new ways to move audiences around the world—a passion that remains our touchstone in an enterprise that stretches from: animation, theme parks, resorts and a cruise line to sports, news, movies and a variety of other businesses. Uniting each endeavor is a commitment to creating and delivering unforgettable experiences — and we’re constantly looking for new ways to enhance these exciting experiences. Part of the Disney ABC Television Group, Disney Television Animation is a high capacity digital animation television production studio. Because of Disney Television Animation’s strong use of commercial and custom software technologies to create its animation products, its use of technology, engineering, development techniques and software is critical to its production operations and workflows. ResponsibilitiesSenior Technical Support Engineers (STSEs) interact with department management, animation production crews and other supporting departments to provide second tier technical support to the DTVA business unit. STSEs work closely with our technology vendors and our department’s production help desk technical coordinators to resolve multi-platform software and hardware problems for production, development and administrative users.
- Leads troubleshooting complex production support situations. Leads support researching, testing and implementing optimized technical solutions for production users.
- Vendor troubleshooting
- Security profile management creation
- Special Issue tracking and qualification
- Multi-platform computer system management (Linux, Apple OS X and Windows):
- Security policy / access rights
- Remote control
- Application support
- Leverages array of software utilities to troubleshoot and streamline department services
- Understands production workflows and timelines.
- Measure, calibrate and validate color reference displays and OS parameters to meet DTVA production requirements.
- Performs miscellaneous technical special projects as assigned by department management.
- Writes scripts as needed for automating processes.
- Functions as a point of support escalation within the Support Engineering group.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline.
- 5 to 8 years of experience working with (advanced troubleshooting and configuration experience) Linux or UNIX, Mac OS and Microsoft
- Windows based systems in a network environment.
- 5 to 8 years of experience working with computer graphics / media applications
- 5 to 8 years in supporting computer systems in a large company / enterprise environment.
- 5 to 8 years of experience working with network management and administration utilities in TCP/IP networking environment.
- Ability to script OS functions on Linux, Mac OS and Microsoft Windows.
- Able to communicate technical information effectively – both written and verbally.
- Ability to work in a fast pace, production critical team environment.
- Must have a strong customer service orientation and have the ability to work with a diverse user community.
- Must be well organized and detailed oriented.
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Glendale, AZ, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible