Job Description Responsibilities
- Ingest episodes from tape or file server for digital and mobile distribution
- Add ad insertion points into the content
- Modify QuickTime metadata
- Synchronize and edit Closed Captioning
- Synchronize and edit language tracks
- QC all episodes and files
- Organize all project files for current and future use
- This is an after hours position covering nights and weekends
- Minimum of 2 years working as a full-time video editor. Specifically focusing on the technical aspects of mastering assets for downstream use, as opposed to “creative” editing of storylines, etc.
- Proficient skills in Final Cut Pro, Premiere, or Avid editing systems.
- Knowledge of various broadcast tape formats such as D5, HDCAM-SR and Digital Betacam.
- Knowledge of various video codecs such as ProRes, DNxHD, h264, etc.
- Knowledge of HD formats such as 1080p/23.98, 720p/59.94.
- Knowledge of multi-track audio such as 5.1 and stereo mixes.
- Experienced with audio and video codecs, compression and file format standards
- Able to communicate technical information effectively – both written and verbally
- Ability to work in a fast pace, production critical team environment
- Must have a strong customer service orientation and have the ability to work with a diverse user community
- Must be efficient, well organized, detailed oriented and have good follow through skills.
- Ability to work on multiple open items simultaneously
- Knowledge of video encoding software, such as Telestream Episode, Apple Compressor, or Adobe Media Encoder
- Experience with MacCaption closed captioning software in post-production workflows
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- Equal Opportunity Employer – Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
- Job type
- Burbank, CA, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible