Administrative Assistant Part-Time
LEGOLAND Discovery Center Kansas City, 2475 Grand Blvd
Kansas City, Missouri, 64108
A role with Legoland Discovery Center and Sea Life Kansas is unlike any other job in the world! As part of Merlin Entertainments, you will be connected to attractions around the world. From rollercoasters to wax figures! We don’t trade in suits and briefcases…we trade in FUN! In smiles and laughs. In memories. In magic! There are not tricks behind our magic, instead its people like you! Passionate, dedicated people who are committed to making sure our attractions and guests’ experiences are the best they can be!
About The Role
We are now looking for a detail-oriented, Administrative Assistant who understands the importance of culture in a business setting and be willing to embrace a fast-paced, fun, and positive work environment. Our team is dedicated to our ultimate business goal: creating and sustaining a level of guest experience that provides visitors with magical memories during their visit. Located at Legoland Discovery Center and Sea Life Kansas you will support our team with administrative duties.
· Ensure the highest possible standards of service for both Internal and External customers.
· Live the Merlin Way by promoting a fun and friendly atmosphere in a challenging and fast-paced environment.
· Maintain confidential information, i.e. SEA LIFE Aquarium, LEGOLAND Discovery Center, Madame Tussauds, Peppa Pig World of Play, company, and employee matters.
· Support the attraction management team in various administrative and office support activities.
· Create, implement and maintain support functions for back of house.
· Work with site & HR contacts to support Recruitment through activities including job fairs, phone screenings, interview scheduling, and candidate management via Indeed and internal Merlin job sites.
· Work with site & HR contacts to support delivery of onboarding through activities including but not limited to induction, orientation scheduling, I-9 set up, uniform and resource distribution.
· Assist attraction management team in driving team Reward & Recognition initiatives, including coordinating and championing events, social and staff welfare committees.
· Perform clerical tasks, such as filing and arranging documents, employee files, invoices and other indexed documents according to an established system, including scanning and mailing items to Central Support teams (i.e. Finance, HR).
· Create, receipt, and maintain blanket PO’s for general Office vendors, including Amazon, Staples, Xerox, etc.
· Maintain a professional manner and provide general information relating to the attraction and company.
· Sort and distribute incoming and outgoing mail. Operate manual and electronic mailing equipment. Interact with courier companies.
· Maintain office, breakroom and uniform supply levels. Process and distribute monthly orders supply for entire attraction.
· Responsibility to ensure compliance of Health, Safety & Security within the workplace and in line with the Group Policy (HS001).
· Other duties as assigned.
· Minimum of 1 year of relevant experience.
· Strong computer skills. Ability to utilize standard software applications to include MS Office suite.
· High attention to details and level of accuracy.
· Proven ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and multi-task as necessary.
· Excellent organization and interpersonal skills.
· Possess strong communication skills (both verbal and written).
· Desire to work in fast-paced environments.
- Must be flexible and able to work a variety of shifts, including days, nights, weekends, holidays and special events.
High School Diploma or GED required.
Associate's degree or combined work and education that demonstrate the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the required duties preferred.
About The Benefits
Perhaps the biggest benefits of joining us are the outstanding opportunities for career development within our exciting, global organization.
· Flexible hours
· 30% discount in the retail store
· Merlin Magic Pass which give you free admission to Merlin attractions worldwide
· Competitive 401K
· Employee Assistance Program
· Discounts through the Merlin Marketplace Website – on almost anything you buy online
· Discounts through Plum Benefits – on tons of ticketed events
· 30% discount at Skechers.com and Skechers stores
· FUN working environment and much more!
Merlin Entertainments Limited is a business built on fun. We are the world's second-largest visitor attraction operator. We operate over 100 attractions, eight hotels and three holiday villages in 22 countries across four continents and we run some of the best known names in global leisure. These include the likes of SEA LIFE, Madame Tussauds, the Dungeons, the Eye brand, and LEGOLAND. Whether you are serving delicious food, working in the office, maintaining the attractions, entertaining guest or operating rides, the objective is to provide a truly memorable experience and a great day out for all members of the family.
We offer flexible opportunities, in a totally unique environment. We know this is a great place to work, but don’t just take our word for it… click here to see us in action!
In order to apply for this role you must be at least 16 years of age.
Everyone Matters at Merlin.
At Merlin we welcome the world to our magical attractions and resorts every day and we want to reflect that same multicultural mix inside our business too. We strive to create an inclusive and diverse workplace where people can be themselves, have the same opportunities and thrive together. Because at Merlin, everyone matters! Together, we work to create a workplace where everyone feels valued, no matter their age, race, gender, disability or sexual orientation. Although we understand that we'll always be learning and growing, we aim to be the most inclusive and flexible employer in our industry.