Admission Shift Lead
LEGOLAND Discovery Center Columbus, 165 Easton Town Center, Space A-100
Columbus, Ohio, 43219
Build yourself a more exciting future at LEGOLAND Discovery Center Columbus!
About The Role
* Working at the direction of the Admissions Manager, the Admissions Shift Lead's goal is delivering unique, memorable, and rewarding experiences to all our guests.
* Leads by example. Coaches and motivates staff to provide best possible guest experience, to maximize sales opportunities and to ensure secondary spend targets are achieved.
* Recommends short-term and long-term changes through feedback, daily reports and proposals.
* Work with the Admissions Manager to develop staff incentives to increase individual motivation and promote teamwork.
* Monitor performance in achieving Key Performance Indicators (KPI) and Mystery Visit targets.
* Assist with the hiring, training, scheduling, and supervising of team members. Ensure all team members are trained in resolving guest concerns, up selling, and providing accurate attraction information.
* Adopts an enthusiastic, assertive and passionate approach to guest service, and demonstrates the Merlin Values at every opportunity.
* Ensure all public areas have well stocked displays and point of sale, ready for the attraction opening and that the areas are maintained and kept in a clean and tidy manner throughout the day.
* Responsibility to ensure compliance of Health, Safety & Security within the workplace.
* Minimum 1-2 years supervisory experience in the service or entertainment industry preferred.
* A natural team leader with a confident, assertive but approachable personality.
* Fun, dynamic, and friendly personality.
* Cash handling experience.
* Excellent communication, listening, and motivational skills.
* Proven ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and multi-task as necessary.
* Desire to work in fast-paced environments.
About The Benefits
In return you will find a competitive salary and benefits package (including a medical, vision, dental, life insurance and 401(k) matching plan offering), share program opportunities, and benefit from free entry to all of our Merlin attractions which also extend to family and friends. In addition, you can expect continued growth of joining an exciting, global organization.
Merlin Entertainments is a business built on fun. We are the world's second-largest visitor attraction operator. We operate over 100 attractions, eight hotels and three holiday villages in 22 countries across four continents and we run some of the best-known names in global leisure. These include the likes of SEA LIFE, Madame Tussauds, the Dungeons, the Eye brand, and LEGOLAND. Whether you are serving delicious food, working in the office, maintaining the attractions, entertaining guest or operating rides, the objective is to provide a truly memorable experience and a great day out for all members of the family.
Merlin Entertainments Midway Division includes iconic attractions such as Madame Tussauds, LEGOLAND Discovery Centre, Peppa Pig and More! Merlin’s a company where spreading happiness in every job description, where new teammates become old friends and a job for the summer means memories forever. We offer flexible hours filled with fun – where part-time working is 100% rewarding.
In order to apply for this role you must be at least 16 years of age.
Everyone Matters at Merlin.
At Merlin we welcome the world to our magical attractions and resorts every day and we want to reflect that same multicultural mix inside our business too. We strive to create an inclusive and diverse workplace where people can be themselves, have the same opportunities and thrive together. Because at Merlin, everyone matters! Together, we work to create a workplace where everyone feels valued, no matter their age, race, gender, disability or sexual orientation. Although we understand that we'll always be learning and growing, we aim to be the most inclusive and flexible employer in our industry.
We want to ensure that everyone has the opportunity to perform their best at interview, so if you have any additional requirements due to ill health or a disability, please contact our friendly team to have a discussion. You can get in contact at NAPeopleHUB@merlinentertainments.biz.