Admissions Shift Lead
849 E Commerce Street, Space 691
San Antonio, Texas, 78205
LEGOLAND Discovery Center and SEA LIFE San Antonio is on the lookout for an Admissions Shift Lead to be the lead wizard of Customer Service.
Would you like a job where spreading happiness is in the job description? Dive into the ultimate indoor LEGO playground and build a career full of fun! Whether you’re filling hungry tummies, racing LEGO cars, building AWESOME models, or operating our rides – everything you do will be making a child’s day. This is the place where job satisfaction is guaranteed, and every shift is all about fun.
About the Role
- Working at the direction of the Admissions Manager, the Admissions Shift Lead's goal is delivering unique, memorable, and rewarding experiences to all our guests.
- Leads by example. Coaches and motivates staff to provide best possible guest experience, to maximize sales opportunities and to ensure secondary spend targets are achieved.
- Recommends short-term and long-term changes through feedback, daily reports and proposals.
- Work with the Admissions Manager to develop staff incentives to increase individual motivation and promote teamwork.
- Monitor performance in achieving Key Performance Indicators (KPI) and Mystery Visit targets.
- Assist with the hiring, training, scheduling, and supervising of team members. Ensure all team members are trained in resolving guest concerns, up selling, and providing accurate attraction information.
- Adopts an enthusiastic, assertive and passionate approach to guest service, and demonstrates the Merlin
- Values at every opportunity.
- Ensure all public areas have well stocked displays and point of sale, ready for the attraction opening and that the areas are maintained and kept in a clean and tidy manner throughout the day.
- Responsibility to ensure compliance of Health, Safety & Security within the workplace.
- Minimum 1-2 years supervisory experience in the service or entertainment industry preferred.
- A natural team leader with a confident, assertive but approachable personality.
- Fun, dynamic, and friendly personality.
- Cash handling experience.
- Excellent communication, listening, and motivational skills.
- Proven ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and multi-task as necessary.
- Desire to work in fast-paced environments.
- In order to apply for this role you must be at least 16 years of age.
About the Perks
In return you will find a competitive salary and benefits package (including a medical, vision, dental, life insurance and 401(k) matching plan offering), share program opportunities, and benefit from free entry to all of our Merlin attractions which also extend to family and friends. In addition, you can expect continued growth of joining an exciting, global organization.
Everyone Matters at Merlin.
At Merlin we welcome the world to our magical attractions and resorts every day and we want to reflect that same multicultural mix inside our business too. We strive to create an inclusive and diverse workplace where people can be themselves, have the same opportunities and thrive together. Because at Merlin, everyone matters! Together, we work to create a workplace where everyone feels valued, no matter their age, race, gender, disability or sexual orientation. Although we understand that we'll always be learning and growing, we aim to be the most inclusive and flexible employer in our industry.
We want to ensure that everyone has the opportunity to perform their best at interview, so if you have any additional requirements due to ill health or a disability, please contact our friendly team to have a discussion. You can get in contact at NAPeopleHUB@merlinentertainments.biz.