Assistant Brand Manager
420 Harriman Drive
Goshen, New York, 10924
Assistant Brand Manager
Something very exciting is underway in Goshen, New York. Due to open in 2021, LEGOLAND Park and Hotel in New York is Merlin’s biggest single investment to date and you could play a crucial part in this amazing project!
About the Role
You will be part of a very exciting time as we develop and execute all Annual Pass communications, both in-park and externally to support the Annual Pass sale, engagement, visitation and retention strategy and objectives. Additionally, you will support the Brand Manager through creative briefing, budget management, PO/Requisition requests, presentation development, and more as required by Creative Services.
In this role, you will:
Prepare and execute annual communication calendar to support the Annual Pass acquisition, engagement, visitation and retention objectives.
- Work with graphic designer and external design / print agencies to execute agreed communication and promotional programs aimed at Annual Pass Holders
- Work with Digital Marketing Manager to execute email communications to Annual Pass database, including automated pre-arrival and post-visit trigger emails
- Partner with operations team to execute in-park communication and promotional initiatives to recruit and engage Annual Pass holders
- Develop communications to support any Annual Pass promotional activities, including flash sales, upgrade / renewal incentives and Annual Pass holder events.
- Support the Brand Manager and Head of Marketing in the development of the annual pass strategy by sharing competitive and industry analysis and insights
- Act as main point of contact for Annual Pass for other Merlin Attractions and LEGOLAND Parks in North America
- Ensure ongoing reporting on AP performance and implement necessary corrective actions to reach sales goals and guest attendance targets.
- Ongoing development of proposals to improve AP sales and visitations and to enhance AP holder experience (exclusivity)
Support the Creative Services team and acts as request liaison
- Manage day-to-day creative requests including, but not limited to, photo, video, print and web assets
- Act as a main point of contact between the creative team and requesters to ensure completion of creative briefs
- Create and manage project timelines to ensure requests are being fulfilled on time
Liaison for Creative Services design and print requests
- Revise and submit work orders to external print and design vendors as requested
- Manage internal creative feedback amongst teams
- Track rounds and route for feedback
- Communicate status and any issues with stakeholders
- Ensure delivery of final file or printed piece
- Seek quotes including cross pricing for material production, raise PO’s and ensure project costs are within the allocated budget.
Asset and Archive Management
- Organize and label all photography in Digital Asset Management tool
- Ensure all final files of art and brand assets such as logos and fonts are organized and stored in an accessible location
- Provide necessary documents, tools, and assets to requesting partners
- Recommend development of new assets to brand manager if and when needed.
- Work with Brand Manager to plan, prepare and track assets for campaigns, onsite programs, and seasonal events accordingly.
- Evaluate yearly planned events/campaigns
- Determine which assets will be required in-park and online for events
- Work with stakeholders to create assets, following the outlined creative processes
- Plan timeline for when assets will need to be started and delivered
- Support Brand Manager in coordinating and executing photo and video shoots
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in sales, marketing or business preferred.
- 2+ yrs Marketing or Creative Services experience, experience in an advertising or design agency a plus
- Demonstrate strong understanding of visual design language, including proven track record of working with designers to deliver creative advertising material.
- Commercial mindset.
- Requires a track record of success in working in a team environment.
- High level of proficiency with technology, Microsoft Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel. Experience in or familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite a plus.
- Excellent verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Must possess great attention to detail and a high sense of urgency.
- Have a positive attitude and a love for FUN!
If you have the magic to create smiles and memories on a daily basis then you want to be Team LEGOLAND New York Resort.
Here at Merlin, we do it all for the love of FUN and if that wasn’t enough, we also have these magical benefits, exclusive to our awesome employees; Merlin Magic Pass which give you free admission to Merlin attractions, discount in our retail shops and restaurants, opportunities for career development within our exciting global organization, and much more!
Merlin Entertainments, plc is a business built on fun. We are the world's second-largest visitor attraction operator. We operate over 100 attractions, eight hotels and three holiday villages in 22 countries across four continents and we run some of the best known names in global leisure. These include the likes of SEA LIFE, Madame Tussauds, the Dungeons, the Eye brand, and LEGOLAND. Whether you are serving delicious food, working in the office, maintaining the attractions, entertaining guest or operating rides, the objective is to provide a truly memorable experience and a great day out for all members of the family.
We thrive on innovative thinking and big ideas!!! For that reason this job description is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions associated with this role. We create magic and invaluable experiences for our guests every day, and while this job description is intended to be an accurate reflection of what you will do here with us, we cannot guarantee you that creating magical moments won’t come with new and amazing adventures that can make your day different! Come work with us and you will see how at LEGOLAND New York Resort no two days are the same.
LEGOLAND New York Resort takes pride in building amazing teams with diverse experiences and ideas, by driving inclusion and innovation in the workplace. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type. We strive to create a workplace where everyone feels valued, no matter their age, race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.