We are Chessington World of Adventures Resort and we are part of the magical Merlin Entertainments!
We are currently recruiting for a Demi Chef de Partie. In this fast paced role you will manage a section with help from senior chefs in the main kitchen island shift or the satellite kitchen prep shift, you will even get the chance to support with events in our dedicated Marquee. Keeping check of the usual stock rotation and temperature controls, health and safety and food safety are always our number 1 priority, as only the highest standard of food leaves our kitchen. You will have the opportunity to express yourself through assisting with menu planning and food development and also supporting the senior chefs as they grow in their roles.
We are looking for the following skills and experience;
• Experience of a similarly fast-paced food environment, so you’ll be used to providing great service and running a busy shift.
• A strong passion for food and a genuine interest in the catering industry.
• Relevant food hygiene certificate
• Providing help to all kitchen team members will be important to you, and wanting to share your experience whilst gaining knowledge to grow within Merlin.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to gain the respect and trust of the hardworking team.
• A professional approach to your work with a team commitment and sense of fun.
This role is full time, permanent, averaging 40 hours per week working 5 days out of 7. This will include weekends and bank holidays and you will need to be flexible to cover a variety of shifts.
Alongside a competitive annual salary between £18,500-£19,500 and 28 days holiday (including bank holidays) you can look forward to enjoying a great benefits package including a Group Personal Pension Plan, Merlin Magic pass, Employee Assistance Programme, Childcare Vouchers, Life Assurance, 25% discount in our retail shops and restaurants, 40% discount online off of LEGO, and much more!
Want to see us in action?
- Job type
- Chessington, United Kingdom
- F&B kitchen
- Starting in
- As soon as possible