Entertainment & Events Manager
30 Matthew Street, Suite 201
Goshen, New York, 10924
Due to Open in 2021 LEGOLAND Resort in New York is Merlin’s biggest single investment to date and you could play a crucial part in this amazing project located in the beautiful Goshen, New York.
We’re looking for a unique person for to join our Operations department! Do you love entertainment and creating memorable experiences for guests? Then you can be the one directing the fun in our Entertainment and Events department!
About the Role
You will manage and oversee all aspects of the entertainment, education, events, and wardrobe departments from show development to daily operation. This includes leadership, recruitment, training and daily supervision of all staff within these areas. You will also be working closely with all departments to develop and implement special events.
- Oversees the safe operation of all entertainment venues and offerings, education experiences, seasonal and special events, and the wardrobe department.
- Responsible for the detail of the smooth operation of all of the park entertainment and education venues, events, and the wardrobe department.
- Ensures all venues are safely operated at maximum capacity while ensuring that a high level of quality is maintained at all times.
- Formulates, develops, and reviews standard operating procedures to exceed safety standards.
- Works with the Entertainment & Events Assistant Managers to maintain and develop current and future entertainment shows, meet & greets, and offerings.
- Works with the Education Assistant Managers to maintain and develop current and future education experiences, Build + Test zone, and Creative & Robotics Workshops.
- Works with the Entertainment & Events Assistant Managers to maintain and develop current and future events, including Brick or Treat, Fireworks, Park Opening Ceremony, special events, and seasonal events.
- Works with the Wardrobe Assistant Manager to maintain the uniform program for all Resort Model Citizens, as well as show costumes and Character costumes.
- Controls operating expenses and labor budgets.
- Accountable for the training and development of Assistant Managers within the department, including evaluations, coaching and counseling sessions, and providing leadership for the continued success of the department.
- Responsible for responding to guest concerns and resolving the situation, oversee opening and closing procedures for venues, and ensure Model Citizens are following the set procedures for their designated role.
- Participates in the Entertainment and Park Duty Manager Program.
Background in theme park, theater, or the entertainment industry is preferred with demonstrated experience leading teams. A bachelor’s degree in business, theater, or closely related field (or equivalent education and experience) is preferred with knowledge and experience in budget preparation and control (operating expenses and labor) is preferred.
Be flexible with work hours, including evenings, weekends and holidays to support park operations in outdoor environments.
If you have the magic to create smiles and memories on a daily basis then you want to be Team LEGOLAND New York Resort.
Here at Merlin, we do it all for the love of FUN and if that wasn’t enough, we also have these magical benefits, exclusive to our awesome employees; Merlin Magic Pass which give you free admission to Merlin attractions, discount in our retail shops and restaurants, opportunities for career development within our exciting global organization, and much more!
Merlin Entertainments, plc is a business built on fun. We are the world's second-largest visitor attraction operator. We operate over 100 attractions, eight hotels and three holiday villages in 22 countries across four continents and we run some of the best known names in global leisure. These include the likes of SEA LIFE, Madame Tussauds, the Dungeons, the Eye brand, and LEGOLAND. Whether you are serving delicious food, working in the office, maintaining the attractions, entertaining guest or operating rides, the objective is to provide a truly memorable experience and a great day out for all members of the family.
We thrive on innovative thinking and big ideas!!! For that reason this job description is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions associated with this role. We create magic and invaluable experiences for our guests every day, and while this job description is intended to be an accurate reflection of what you will do here with us, we cannot guarantee you that creating magical moments won't come with new and amazing adventures that can make your day different! Come work with us and you will see how at LEGOLAND New York Resort no two days are the same.
LEGOLAND New York Resort takes pride in building amazing teams with diverse experiences and ideas, by driving inclusion and innovation in the workplace. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type. We strive to create a workplace where everyone feels valued, no matter their age, race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.