F&B Commercial Supervisor
LEGOLAND Florida Resort is a 150-acre interactive theme park dedicated to families with children between the ages of 2 and 12. With more than 50 rides, shows, and attractions, and uniquely themed LEGOLAND Water Park, LEGOLAND Hotel, and LEGOLAND Beach Resort inspired by the LEGO and DUPLO brands, LEGOLAND is geared towards family fun!
LEGOLAND Florida Resort is part of Merlin Entertainments plc. A business built on fun, Merlin is a global leader in location based, family entertainment. As Europe's Number 1 and the world's second-largest visitor attraction operator, Merlin now operates over 100 attractions, 15 hotels, and 6 holiday villages in 24 countries and across 4 continents. Our aim is to deliver unique, memorable, and rewarding experiences to millions of visitors across our growing estate of the best known names in global leisure.
About the role...
Oversees and coordinates the overall efforts of Model Citizens in the assigned locations; supports the Commercial Manager in delivering the highest level of guest service and food quality; responsible for operational effectiveness, staff development (ensuring all respective team members are fully trained to all company standards including KPIs, cleanliness, cash handling, financial controls, etc.), cost controls within the assigned locations, and compliance with legislation relating to health and safety, licensing laws, and hygiene regulations.
In addition, the role will be responsible for the daily operation of the locations in their area, including opening and closing procedures for all commercial units in their zone, as scheduled by the Area Manager. The role is expected to work closely with other areas of the commercial operation including Retail and third party revenue operations.
What you’ll be doing...
- Supervises and coordinates the operational effectiveness of assigned food locations
- Implements and enhances high level of service, quality and sanitation standards within all facilities, while ensuring food quality is maintained at the highest level
- Ensures that all guests are served in an efficient and friendly manner
- Spends time daily in each facility to provide corrective and positive feedback for improving operations
- Communicates daily operational (including guest experience) and financial objectives to Model Citizens on a daily basis
- Able and willing to open and close all locations within the assigned Commercial zone, including all opening and cash-out operations and other daily operations which can include both F&B and Retail units
- Educate staff on product preparation, recipe adherence and quality assurance
- Responsible for motivating, training, cross-training and developing Model Citizens
- Gives input on promotions and transfers
- Responsible for approving and managing the weekly scheduling of Model Citizens; monitors labor hours and ensures that payroll related information is accurate
- Responsible for daily ordering and receiving of food and supplies, minimizing spoilage/costs; Requests purchases for small wares and other direct expense purchases
- Monitors handling of cash and inventory by Model Citizens and investigates any issue
- Implements and enforces all company, divisional and department policies and procedures
- Gives input and administers progressive exemplary and corrective action for performance and policy regulations in a timely manner; provides positive and corrective feedback to all Model Citizens to improve performance output
- Responsible for maximizing revenue and per capita spending goals within the assigned locations
- Provides feedback on location operation, financial performance, staffing, MC and guest satisfaction and product/menu assortment business performance on a timely manner as and when requested
- Monitors cost controls in the areas of labor, food costs, other direct expenses and safety liability, keeping request within budget
- Provides input for annual budget on a yearly basis
- Ensures that all Model Citizens are trained and execute proper safety and sanitation requirements at all times
- Oversees that all staff follow and are knowledgeable of required company, division, OSHA, environmental, health department and HACCP guidelines
- Maintain food quality controls, HACCP compliant, spoilage/waste logs, and temperature monitoring sheets
- Responsible for the initiation and follow-up of all maintenance and sanitation issues to ensure all facilities are maintained in excellent and presentable working condition
- Takes part in Duty Manager program on a rotational basis to ensure optimum divisional performance for the guests
- Acts as a contact for concerns regarding guests, operations, food supplies and maintenance issues
- Acts as a department contact for the park in operational concerns and emergency situations
- Provides department and park support in all strategic initiatives
- Certified food protection managers must inform all employees under their supervision and control who engage in the storage, preparation, or serving of food, to do so in accordance with all acceptable and appropriate sanitary practices
Who we’re looking for...
- Requires at least 3 years of practical food service experience, preferably in a themed environment; experience and knowledge in front of house and back of house is desired; must be guest service focused and have an understanding of guest expectations; knowledgeable in food and culinary design is desired; must possess strong communication skills, both in verbal and written format; effective organizational and problem solving skills with the ability to make quick decisions is required; ability to work as part of a team and to develop others within the team structure is required.
-Supervisors and employees will have consistent communication and meetings with this role (i.e. schedules, payroll, and training). Promote and demonstrate LEGO’s and Merlin’s culture and core values through words and actions. Ensure adherence to policies and procedures, effectively managing and documenting employee relations.
Where you'll work...
LEGOLAND Florida, 1 Legoland Way
Winter Haven, Florida, 33884
What you'll get...
In addition to a fun and friendly environment, you will also find: competitive salary free entry to LEGOLAND Florida Resort (which also extends to family and friends) 30% discount on LEGOLAND Florida Resort food, beverage and retail products, tuition assistance, free unlimited usage of the local transit system
Furthermore you will enjoy continuous support and opportunities to branch out and develop your career within LEGOLAND and Merlin Entertainments!
Here at Merlin Entertainments we are proud to have a diverse workforce, and we’re all about providing equal opportunities to the whole team. Because of this we are committed to an active all together programme which starts with our recruitment and selection process.