Food and Beverage Host
LEGOLAND Discovery Center Kansas City, 2475 Grand Blvd
Kansas City, Missouri, 64108
Welcome to Merlin Entertainments!
Build yourself a more exciting future at LEGOLAND Discovery Center and SeaLife Kansas City!
Do you have the Magic in you to create memorable experiences all for the love of fun? Do you wish to cast a spell of laughter and enjoyment to the people around you? Want to join a team that creates smiles and memories globally on a daily basis? Then you have the magic to be Team Merlin at LEGOLAND Discovery Center and SeaLife Kansas City!
About The Role
As a part-time Team Merlin Host, you will help to create lifelong memorable experiences in our attraction for our guests. Our Hosts work in a variety of positions across the attraction, including Admissions, Ride Operations, LEGO Model Builders, Retail, Café and Custodial. You will deliver the highest possible standards of guest service, presentation, and product knowledge. You will ensure that our guests are receiving optimal fun by connecting with them in a magical, fun, and safe environment.
· Adopts an enthusiastic, assertive, and passionate approach to Guest Service, and demonstrates the Merlin Values at every opportunity.
· Seeks out guest contact and displays enthusiasm and boundless amounts of fun energy.
· Ensure our extended lines are managed in a safe way while still delivering an excellent guest experience.
· Ensure all public areas have well stocked displays and point of sale, ready for the attraction opening and that the areas are maintained and kept in a clean and tidy manner throughout the day.
· To follow opening and closing procedures as detailed in the department’s operating plan.
· Responsibility to ensure compliance of Health, Safety & Security within the workplace, including COVID-19 policies, practices and regulations.
· Experience in a customer service role.
· Fun, dynamic, and friendly personality.
· Excellent communication skills.
· Able to work in areas with loud noises and confined spaces
· Self-motivated, able to work independently or as part of a team.
· Must be flexible and able to work a variety of shifts, including days, nights, weekends, holidays and special events.
Previous experience in service industry
About The Benefits
Perhaps the biggest benefits of joining us are the outstanding opportunities for career development within our exciting, global organization.
· Flexible hours
· 30% discount in the retail store
· Merlin Magic Pass which give you free admission to Merlin attractions worldwide
· Competitive 401K
· Discounts through the Merlin Marketplace Website – on almost anything you buy online
· Discounts through Plum Benefits – on tons of ticketed events
· 30% discount at Skechers.com and Sketchers stores
· FUN working environment and much more!
LEGOLAND Discovery Center is just like jumping into a giant box of LEGO® bricks with an abundance of all things LEGO-tastic! With two exciting LEGO rides, MINILAND featuring the iconic landmarks of the USA, a 4D cinema complete with three films, themed LEGO play and building zones, there are simply more LEGO bricks under one roof than you could ever imagine.
Merlin Entertainments, plc is a business built on fun. We are the world's second-largest visitor attraction operator. We operate over 100 attractions, eight hotels and three holiday villages in 22 countries across four continents and we run some of the best known names in global leisure. These include the likes of SEA LIFE, Madame Tussauds, the Dungeons, the Eye brand, and LEGOLAND. Whether you are serving delicious food, working in the office, maintaining the attractions, entertaining guest or operating rides, the objective is to provide a truly memorable experience and a great day out for all members of the family.
In order to apply for this role you must be at least 16 years of age.
Everyone Matters at Merlin.
At Merlin we welcome the world to our magical attractions and resorts every day and we want to reflect that same multicultural mix inside our business too. We strive to create an inclusive and diverse workplace where people can be themselves, have the same opportunities and thrive together. Because at Merlin, everyone matters! Together, we work to create a workplace where everyone feels valued, no matter their age, race, gender, disability or sexual orientation. Although we understand that we'll always be learning and growing, we aim to be the most inclusive and flexible employer in our industry.