Food and Beverage Supervisor
LEGOLAND Discovery Center Kansas City, 2475 Grand Blvd
Kansas City, Missouri, 64108
Collective Goal: Ensure that every guest we welcome enjoys a magical, memorable, world-class guest experience and that every member of our team embraces and exhibits our company values (known collectively as The Merlin Way).
Scope of job: Support the Food & Beverage [Retail] Manager in the efficient, effective, and safe day-to-day running of the food and beverage operation of the attraction, with a strong focus on cleanliness, quality, and waste minimization.
Essential Job Functions:
· Be the best-in-class on-the-floor example of excellence in assigned F&B areas of the attraction.
· Lead (by example) the F&B Team to consistently deliver world-class experiences to our guests, as evidenced by continuously meeting or exceeding KPI and Mystery Visit targets.
· Support the delivery initial and ongoing training of F&B Team as required for safe, efficient, and effective operation of assigned F&B areas.
· Work with F&B Manager to implement labor budgets/schedules for various day-types and seasonal needs.
· Support the F&B Manager with Merchandising, Inventory Control, and Waste Control programs for the attraction.
· Lead (by example) the F&B Team to be Guest-Obsessed, positive, proactive, and FUN at all times.
· Ensure that the highest possible standards of service, cleanliness, technical operation, and safety are adhered to by the F&B Team.
· Support delivery of specified revenue metrics for any commercial areas operated by the F&B Team.
· Trained, willing, and able to serve as Duty Manager.
· Trained, willing, and able to perform all roles in assigned areas of the attraction.
· Supports F&B Manager with the ordering and merchandising of retail areas, which may involve evening and night shifts.
· Constantly on the floor providing mentorship, motivation, and feedback to the F&B Team.
· Supports recruiting, hiring, onboarding, and ongoing training for F&B Team.
· Leads a culture that is obsessed with cleanliness, as evidenced by continually exceeding merlin and governmental standards for F&B operation.
· Reports key metrics, inventory levels, KPIs, dwell time and other metrics for the F&B Team.
· Manages performance and growth of F&B Team through Personal Development Plans, Probationary Reviews, Appraisals, and Training.
· Handles operational challenges as they occur.
· Monitors the visual appeal and effectiveness of all assigned areas, regularly making improvement recommendations to GM.
· Manages and rectifies guest complaints in assigned areas per practice and policy, ensuring records are maintained.
· Manages all policies and procedures in relation to employment as advised by Human Resources and Merlin Operations Manual.
· Manages delivery of staff incentive opportunities to increase performance and promote teamwork.
· Ensures proper coverage and staff utilization for assigned areas at all times.
· Coaches and Manages F&B Team to provide best-in-class guest experience and maximize profit in all assigned areas.
· Manages, and maintains records of, F&B Team performance improvement plans.
· Actively and consistently leads by example and serves as aspirational role model at all times.
· Clearly and effectively communicates existing and new policies, procedures, and information with F&B Team.
· Takes an active role, along with attraction SLT, in leading daily/shift team briefings.
· Ensures that team members are trained and empowered to deliver outstanding customer service - including guest recovery as needed.
· Welcomes and rewards ideation and innovative suggestions from F&B Team.
· Demonstrates Merlin Values at every opportunity and requires F&B Team to do the same.
· Maintains oversight and control of all assigned areas, quickly investigating errors, complaints, and incidents.
· Logs all incidents (as required) in MIDAS system.
· Never walks by trash, dirt, filth, or disrepair in front-of-house or back-of-house areas without addressing immediately.
· Other duties as assigned.
Brand Specific Responsibilities:
· The LDC F&B Supervisor is responsible for the day to day operation of the LDC Coffee Shop, ensuring all safety, food handling and hygiene standards are met or exceeded at all times. Also responsible for the following:
o Liaising with F&B suppliers and ordering food and beverage items while controlling wastage to budget
o Ensuring Proudly Serve Starbucks standards are met at all times
o Ensure all cleaning and hygiene standards are met or exceeded, including record keeping
o Ensure all temperature checks logs are maintained and recorded
o Ensure Merlin Food Safety Standards are met or exceeded, including allergens.
o Ensuring spend per head targets are met or exceeded in all F&B Areas
o Ensure all staff training is carried out, recorded and maintained
o Ensure all staff Food Handling local area qualifications are met and maintained
o Ensure any and all local food licenses are maintained at all times
Health & Safety:
Employees are responsible for the safety of themselves, their colleagues and guests (where appropriate), in line with the Group Policy (HS001) and the law. In particular, they must ensure that they follow safe working procedures for all work activities that they undertake and they must not use any tools or equipment for which they have not been trained. Where incidents do occur, they must ensure that they are reported to their line manager and cooperate with any investigation as appropriate in accordance with applicable laws.
Education and Experience:
Customer service experience is preferred. Experience working with children and families is desirable. This position requires a fun, outgoing approach in interacting with others with a desire to provide service on the highest possible level and the ability to work individually and as part of a team. Excellent communication skills are required. Must be able to work in a fast paced, multi-task environment.
Various inside and outside locations with varying temperatures and floor surfaces.
Must be willing to work flexible hours, including evenings, holidays and weekends to support site operations.
In order to apply for this role you must be at least 16 years of age.
Everyone Matters at Merlin.
At Merlin we welcome the world to our magical attractions and resorts every day and we want to reflect that same multicultural mix inside our business too. We strive to create an inclusive and diverse workplace where people can be themselves, have the same opportunities and thrive together. Because at Merlin, everyone matters! Together, we work to create a workplace where everyone feels valued, no matter their age, race, gender, disability or sexual orientation. Although we understand that we'll always be learning and growing, we aim to be the most inclusive and flexible employer in our industry.