Full-Time Wardrobe Associate
420 Harriman Dr
Goshen, New York, 10924
We're LEGOLAND New York Resort - the place where FUN is built and memories are guaranteed! With our Theme Park, Hotels, Mini Land and more - the opportunities here at LEGOLAND our endless.
About the Department
The Model Citizens on our Wardrobe team help us build an immersive experience for our guests through costuming and uniforms. In this department, you will have a hand in getting our Model Citizens Costume Ready at the beginning of their employment journey and then helping to maintain, alter, and exchange wardrobe items throughout their time with us!
In this role you will:
- Provide excellent guest service to all our Model Citizens when they arrive at the Wardrobe Building
- Assist in putting together costumes and uniforms
- Use your sewing skills to make alterations to uniforms and costumes
- Organize materials in the wardrobe building
- Track uniform distribution and returns
- Ability to sew (at any skill-level)
- Must be able to work year-round
- Friendly, outgoing personality & well-groomed appearance
- Dependable and Responsible towards our Team and our Guests
- Must be able to work a variety of shifts, including holidays and weekends
- Must have basic reading and math skills
- Must be able to interact in a multicultural environment with a variety of employees.
- Must be able to lift 50lbs or more
- Drug and background check may be required
- Must be able to operate computers and learn software programs
- Must communicate effectively in a professional manner with coworkers, supervisors, and park guests
- Ability to learn and understand all policies and procedures pertinent to the department and the functions of the job
- Ability to make quick and effective decisions
- Ability to work effectively independently as well as in a group setting
Who We Are
We're part of the Merlin Entertainments family - linking us to iconic brands such as Madame Tussauds, The London Eye, SEA LIFE and much more!
Here at LEGOLAND New York Resort We thrive on innovative thinking and big ideas!!! For that reason, this job description is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions associated with this role. We create magic and invaluable experiences for our guests every day, and while this job description is intended to be an accurate reflection of what you will do here with us, we cannot guarantee you that creating magical moments won’t come with new and amazing adventures that can make your day different! Come work with us and you will see how at LEGOLAND New York Resort no two days are the same.
Everyone Matters at Merlin.
At Merlin we welcome the world to our magical attractions and resorts every day and we want to reflect that same multicultural mix inside our business too. We strive to create an inclusive and diverse workplace where people can be themselves, have the same opportunities and thrive together. Because at Merlin, everyone matters! Together, we work to create a workplace where everyone feels valued, no matter their age, race, gender, disability, protected veteran status or sexual orientation. Although we understand that we'll always be learning and growing, we aim to be the most inclusive and flexible employer in our industry.
If you have any questions, concerns, or additional support needed to succeed in an interview, please get in touch with our friendly team to find out how we can help: LLNY.Team@LEGOLAND.com.