We are Merlin Entertainments… The name behind world famous attractions including LEGOLAND, SEA LIFE, Alton Towers Resort and Thorpe Park.
Be a part of the Merlin magic by joining the Merlin Corporate team. We hire and empower smart people who love what they do. Now’s your chance to join us!
We require a Group Internal Audit Manager to join the Group Internal Audit Team based at our Head Office in Poole, Dorset. This is an extremely exciting opportunity to join a fast paced FTSE250 environment.
Reporting into the Group Internal Audit and Risk Management Director (GIARMD), you will be responsible for managing a small team of Auditors to ensure that all work in the internal audit function is completed on time and in accordance with the departmental methodology. Your principal challenge will be ensuring that the business maintains an adequate control environment given the current emphasis in the business on efficiency improvements and cost savings.
Key responsibilities include…
- Working with GIARMD to develop the audit plan and delivering this on time and within budget.
- Understanding and ensuring that IA delivery meets the needs of its customers at all levels.
- Monitoring delivery of audit related actions from the business operations.
- Managing and developing the issue escalation and reporting process to ensure risks to the business are identified, communicated and understood.
- Identifying and actioning opportunities for process improvements and personal development plans within the function.
- Acting as liaison point for all other assurance providers within the business to ensure there is a good understanding of what each is doing and the risks they are seeing.
- Performing ad-hoc projects as needed.
Extensive International travel will be required for this role (up to 50%)
We are looking for the following skills and experience…
- You will be a fully qualified accountant with a strong audit background, familiar with core operations and processes within large scale international company.
- Being able to demonstrate a good level of personal impact, confidence and credibility, you will have developed excellent relationships with people at all levels including senior stakeholders.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are key, along with well-developed interpersonal skills and an ability to relate to, coach and influence a variety of individuals.
- You will highly organised with excellent time management skills.
- As well as having the ability to work autonomously, you must have gained experience in effective team management and mentoring.
- You will be able to demonstrate the ability to flex – thinking outside of the box, not being confined to what has always been done, open to considering a number of possibilities based on commercial reality.
We’re growing fast and alongside a fun and friendly environment, we offer a fabulous package and amazing prospects – ideal if you’re already fantastic and can quickly become even better (our magic can help here). Benefits include Pension, Life Assurance, discretionary company bonus, 25 days’ holiday and, of course, a Merlin Magic Pass which gives you and your friends and family free admission to all of our attractions worldwide, as well as 25% discount in our retail shops and restaurants and 40% discount on LEGO.
Want to see us in action?
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- England, United Kingdom
- Starting in
- As soon as possible