Guest Experience Supervisor
52 NJ-120, East Rutherford
New Jersey, New Jersey, 07073
Build yourself a more exciting future at LEGOLAND Discovery Center New Jersey!
Do you have the Magic in you to create memorable experiences all for the love of fun? Do you wish to cast a spell of laughter and enjoyment to the people around you? Want to join a team that creates smiles and memories globally daily? Then you have the magic to be Team Merlin at LEGOLAND Discovery Center New Jersey!
About The Role
The Retail Supervisor is responsible for leading the retail teams as a part of the day to day operations of the department. In this role, you will manage a team of fun driven and enthusiastic magic and memorable experience makers. Through diligent work and optimal fun, you will strive to achieve the financial targets and lead and develop your team.
- Support the Retail Manager in the efficient, effective, and safe day-to-day running of assigned commercial areas of the attraction, with a strong focus on maximizing Per Cap spends and Average Transaction Values.
- Lead the Retail Team to consistently deliver world-class experiences to our guests, as evidenced by continuously meeting or exceeding KPI and Mystery Visit targets.
- Support the delivery initial and ongoing training of Retail Team as required for safe, efficient, and effective operation of assigned commercial areas.
- Support the Retail Manager with Merchandising and Inventory Control programs for the attraction.
Brand Specific Responsibilities
- The LDC Retail Supervisor is our "trainee expert" in LEGO toys of all varieties and demonstrates a genuine passion for the fun & educational aspects of building with LEGO.
- Always up to date with all new product ranges and launches, the Retail Supervisor supports the Retail Manager with their expansive knowledge of LEGO play materials,
- Deputizes for the Retail Manager in working with the Commercial Director to ensure LEGO orders are placed on time and to budget to ensure we always have the highest demand items in stock
- Supports the staff training on LEGO products, so all staff is knowledgeable and able to upsell at every opportunity.
Customer service experience is preferred, and experience working with children and families is desirable. This position requires a fun, outgoing approach in interacting with others with a desire to provide service on the highest possible level and the ability to work individually and as part of a team. Excellent communication skills are required. Must be able to work in a fast paced, multi-task environment. High School Diploma or GED required; college degree preferred.
About The Benefits
You will find a competitive salary and benefits package including affordable medical, vision & dental plans, company-paid life insurance, 401(k) matching plan offering, share program opportunities, and free entry to all of our Merlin attractions which also extends to family and friends. In addition, you can expect continued growth of joining an exciting, global organization.
Merlin Entertainments is a business built on fun. We are the world's second-largest visitor attraction operator operating over 100 attractions, eight hotels, and three-holiday villages in 22 countries across four continents. We run some of the best-known names in global leisure including SEA LIFE, Madame Tussauds, the Dungeons, the Eye brand, and LEGOLAND. Whether you are serving delicious food, working in the office, maintaining the attractions, entertaining guests, or operating rides, the objective is to provide a truly memorable experience and a great day out for all members of the family.
Here at Merlin Entertainments, we are proud to have a diverse workforce, and we’re all about providing equal opportunities to the whole team. Because of this we are committed to an active all together program which starts with our recruitment and selection process.