LEGOLAND Hotels Restaurant Host
We are LEGOLAND California Resort - the place where FUN is built and memories are made. Across our Resort we have two fantastic LEGO themed Hotels, a Water Park, a SEA LIFE Aquarium, more than 60 rides and attractions, 20 food and beverage locations, and 14 retail stores – the opportunities here are endless!
About the Role
Greets and acts as first contact with restaurant and bar guests. Assist guests with seating and smooth operations of the host stand.
Provides Hotel guests with outstanding service going above and beyond in line with LEGOLAND and Merlin standards.
With Restaurant Captain, helps develop and lead revenue generating initiatives and programs in conjunction with management.
Ensure strict compliance with all relevant Hygiene and Safety legislation requirements.
1. Guest Services: Must understand and meet all guest expectations and have the ability to communicate clearly. Provides service to our guests in a friendly, efficient, and courteous manner. Maintains high service standards with children as a primary focus. Needs to work with other team members to provide a positive guest experience. Will assist in the set up and clear down of tables and service stations within the front of house operation.
2. Food Quality: Must possess in-depth knowledge of the restaurant menu, product lines and preparation procedures. Works closely with the production team to ensure that all food served to guests complies with presentation and quality standards.
3.Sanitation and Cleanliness: Must follow and implement all the LEGOLAND California policies and procedures regarding proper sanitation and cleanliness standards.
4.Safety: Must practice all safety policies and procedures as set by LEGOLAND California. Will be expected to take responsibility for reporting all safety hazards to Lead/Supervisor or safety representative immediately.
5. Food Safety: Must be knowledgeable on all LEGOLAND food safety and HACCP procedures and responsible for implementing and maintaining any relevant procedures and records. Will be required to pass the Food Handlers sanitation class that will be offered to all MCs.
6. Cash Handling: Must be able to accurately operate a POS ordering system and cash register and maintain all cash handling records on a daily basis. Will take full responsibility for all funds and tips handled as outlined in LEGOLAND cash handling policy.
7. Work Environment: Must be able to work in a very fast paced, multi task environment with extreme temperature changes. Must be able to work in both an indoor and outdoor, year-round environment with exposure to a variety of changing weather conditions.
8. Wardrobe and Grooming: Must follow and adhere to all policies and procedures as set by LEGOLAND.
9. Alcohol Service: Must follow all California laws and license restrictions governing the sale and service of alcoholic beverages in the restaurants.
10. Special events: Is expected to assists with various special events and catering if required as a part of day to day duty.
Background and Experience:
Experience within a full service restaurant is required. Hotel Experience Preferred. This position requires a positive attitude, hospitable nature with a desire to give service on the highest possible level and the ability to work as part of the team. Knowledge of service and cash handling procedures in full service restaurants would also be beneficial.
Other Job Requirements:
Must be willing to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends to support daily operation of full service restaurant.
Must be able to pass a Food Handler and Alcohol Awareness Test.
Sitting - Occasionally (1 - 33%)
Standing - Constantly (67 - 100%)
Walking - Frequently (34 - 66%)
Lifts & Carries - Up to 10 pounds, Frequency - None (0%)
Lifts & Carries - 11 - 24 pounds, Frequency - Occasionally (1 - 33%)
Lifts & Carries - 25 - 34 pounds, Frequency - None (0%)
Lifts & Carries - 35 - 50 pounds, Frequency - None (0%)
Lifts & Carries - 51 - 74 pounds, Frequency - None (0%)
Lifts & Carries - 75 - 100 pounds, Frequency - None (0%)
Lifts & Carries - Over 100 pounds, Frequency - None (0%)
Lifts Overhead - Up to 10 pounds, Frequency - Occasionally (1 - 33%)
Lifts Overhead - 11 - 24 pounds, Frequency - None (0%)
Lifts Overhead - 25 - 34 pounds, Frequency - None (0%)
Lifts Overhead - 35 - 50 pounds, Frequency - None (0%)
Lifts Overhead - 51 - 74 pounds, Frequency - None (0%)
Lifts Overhead - 75 - 100 pounds, Frequency - None (0%)
Lifts Overhead - Over 100 pounds, Frequency - None (0%)
Twisting - Occasionally (1 - 33%)
Bending - Occasionally (1 - 33%)
Squatting/Kneeling/Crawling/Climbing - None (0%)
Pulling - None (0%)
Pulling - 11 - 24 pounds, Frequency - Occasionally (1 - 33%)
Pulling - 25 - 34 pounds, Frequency - None (0%)
Pulling - 35 - 50 pounds, Frequency - None (0%)
Pulling - 51 - 74 pounds, Frequency - None (0%)
Pulling - 75 - 100 pounds, Frequency - None (0%)
Pulling - Over 100 pounds, Frequency - None (0%)
Wrist Deviation (Side to Side) - None (0%)
Hand/Wrist Repetitions (Up and Down) - Frequently (34 - 66%)
Reaching - Frequently (34 - 66%)
Grasping - Simple: Manual Dexterity/Strength - Gross motor, light - moderate strength
Manual Dexterity/Strength - Fine motor, light - moderate strength
Pushing - Up to 10 pounds, Frequency - None (0%)
Pushing - 11 - 24 pounds, Frequency - Frequently (34 - 66%)
Pushing - 25 - 34 pounds, Frequency - None (0%)
Pushing - 35 - 50 pounds, Frequency - None (0%)
Pushing - 51 - 74 pounds, Frequency - None (0%)
Pushing - 75 - 100 pounds, Frequency - None (0%)
Pushing - Over 100 pounds, Frequency - None (0%)
Close eye work (small figures)
Minimal color discrimination - Not applicable
Normal color discrimination
Other: Depth perception, distance vision, ability to focus
Hearing Requirements - Special requirements, able to consistently fulfill communication needs
(alarms, phone ringing, conversation, clear acuity within 100 feet)
Temperature - Between 16 and 95 degrees
Crawl Space/Cramped Position - Exposed Personal Protective Equipment (e.g. Respiratory Mask, etc.) - None (0%)
Driving - None (0%)
Noise (Loud/Repetitive, Other:
(Specify any other requirements or restrictions that should be considered)
The duties & physical requirements listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of
work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties & physical requirements does
not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
Everyone Matters at Merlin.
At Merlin we welcome the world to our magical attractions and resorts every day and we want to reflect that same multicultural mix inside our business too. We strive to create an inclusive and diverse workplace where people can be themselves, have the same opportunities and thrive together. Because at Merlin, everyone matters! Together, we work to create a workplace where everyone feels valued, no matter their age, race, gender, disability or sexual orientation. Although we understand that we'll always be learning and growing, we aim to be the most inclusive and flexible employer in our industry.
We want to ensure that everyone has the opportunity to perform their best at interview, so if you have additional requirements due to disability or ill health please get in contact with LLC.HumanResources@legoland.com.