LEGOLAND-Park Ranger / Security
We are LEGOLAND California Resort - the place where FUN is built and memories are made. Across our Resort we have two fantastic LEGO themed Hotels, a Water Park, a SEA LIFE Aquarium, more than 60 rides and attractions, 20 food and beverage locations, and 14 retail stores – the opportunities here are endless!
We're now looking for a Park Ranger to join the team.
About the Role
Maintain a safe and secure environment for guests and MCs, (Model Citizens/Employees), whilst also observing all Safety and Security procedures.
Provide a high level of customer service to all MCs and guests while providing them a secure environment. Will complete injury/incident reports and ensure safety and security compliance throughout the Resort.
· Maintains access control
· Patrols Park, Hotel, Sea Life Aquarium and all employee areas
· Writes detailed and accurate incident/injury reports
· Responds to calls for service including but not limited to:
- Lost children
- Intoxicated/disorderly persons
- Lost/stolen items
- On-property traffic collisions
- Medical incidents (alongside Park Health Services team)
- Fire/panic alarms
- Money escorts
- Key assists
- Suspicious person reports
· Operates Park Dispatch Center (utilizing CAD operating system)
· Surveillance of Resort utilizing CCTV system
· Guest screening at park entrances (bag checks)
· Employee/vendor exit screening
· Will work alongside Profit Protection team to investigate and document instances of theft, ticket scalping, or related issues
· Provide surveillance (both in uniform and in plain clothes
· Provide excellent service and customer/guest relations to all MCs and Park guests
· Respond to guest disturbances and deescalate situations. If unable to deescalate, activate CPD.
Health & Safety
- Will provide CPR, basic First Aid, & AED use to guests and MC’s when necessary
- Record “Near Miss” incidents and enter into reporting system
- Assist with Facility Inspections and Safety Audits
Employees are responsible for the safety of themselves, their colleagues and guests (where appropriate), in line with the Group Policy (HS001) and the law. In particular, they must ensure that they follow safe working procedures for all work activities that they undertake and they must not use any tools or equipment for which they have not been trained. Where incidents do occur, they must ensure that they are reported to their line manager and must cooperate with any investigation as appropriate.
Background & Experience:
Excellent communication skills, reasoning and interpersonal skills are required in this job. Excellent phone, radio and person to person communication skills are essential to this position. Prior theme park experience is helpful.
The ability to remain calm under pressure and in high stress situations is required.
· Must be at least 18 years of age
· Must have a valid Driver’s License with a safe driving record
· Must be willing to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends, holidays and graveyard to support park operations
· Must have current CA Guard Card or the ability to obtain one before starting
· Must have a valid CPR/First Aid/AED certification or the ability to obtain one before starting
Here at Merlin Entertainments we are proud to have a diverse workforce, and we’re all about providing equal opportunities to the whole team. Because of this we are committed to an active all together program which starts with our recruitment and selection process.
Sitting - Occasionally (1 - 33%)
Standing - Constantly (67 - 100%)
Walking - Constantly (67 - 100%)
Lifts & Carries - 35 - 50 pounds, Frequency - Occasionally (1 - 33%)
Lifts Overhead - 25 - 34 pounds, Frequency - Occasionally (1 - 33%)
Twisting - Occasionally (1 - 33%)
Bending - Occasionally (1 - 33%)
Squatting/Kneeling/Crawling/Climbing - Occasionally (1 - 33%)
Pulling - 35 - 50 pounds, Frequency - Occasionally (1 - 33%)
Wrist Deviation (Side to Side) - Frequently (34 - 66%)
Hand/Wrist Repetitions (Up and Down) - Frequently (34 - 66%)
Reaching - Frequently (34 - 66%)
Grasping - Simple: > 50 pounds
Manual Dexterity/Strength - Gross motor, moderate - heavy strength
Manual Dexterity/Strength - Fine motor, moderate - heavy strength
Pushing - 35 - 50 pounds, Frequency - Occasionally (1 - 33%)
Close eye work (small figures)
Minimal color discrimination - Not applicable
Normal color discrimination
Other: Depth perception, distance vision, ability to focus
Hearing Requirements - Special requirements, able to consistently fulfill communication needs
(alarms, phone ringing, conversation, clear acuity within 100 feet)
Temperature - Between 16 and 95 degrees
Crawl Space/Cramped Postion - Exposed Personal Protective Equipment (e.g. Respiratory Mask, etc.) - Occasionally (1 - 33%)
Driving - Frequently (34 - 66%)
The duties & physical requirements listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types
of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties & physical requirements
does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the