About the Role
The Marketing Manager is at the heart of our magic, driving the implementation of marketing strategy to deliver budgeted volume, revenue/sales, EBITDA, KPIs and visitor numbers to the attractions. Through a close association with our brand teams, you will ensure integration across activity and campaigns in line with brand, product development and tactical activity.
The Ideal Fit
Marketing at Merlin is rewarding but challenging so we only hire Marketers who share our values and can thrive within the organization. See the profile below and if this describes you, we would love for you to apply!
Entrepreneurial Mentality & Start Up Spirit:
- You thrive in a fast paced, not overly structured, entrepreneurial environment
- You’re scrappy – you pick your wins and you understand that solutions which may be unusual, unpolished or unrefined; with a bit of hard work, you deliver results
- You are solution minded, creative and can adapt easily to change
- You are an operational marketer who understands how to execute strategic theory that is grounded in operational reality
Grit & Passion
- You are self-motivated and truly love the work that you do, the industry you work in and who you work with
- You are guest obsessed and constantly think about how to engage our guests better and ways to improve their experience
- You are gritty, tenacious and drive results
- You are an optimistic thinker & a positive, constructive communicator
Integrity & Impact
- You treat every employee and guest with respect
- You take ownership, are candid, direct and transparent
- You are comfortable in making decisions and constructively challenging decisions of others
- You are comfortable with taking constructive critiques to develop and grow yourself & your ideas
- You are accountable and not shy to admit mistakes or openly share learnings, you recognize mistakes can often lead to the most effective & inspiring work
Constantly Curious & Data Driven
- You learn eagerly and rapidly
- Your decisions are consistently underpinned by data & seek to remove subjectivity where possible
- You’re constantly curious on understanding more about business trends, your target audience, your product performance & the effectiveness of your tactics & distribution channels
- You ask questions, constructively challenge and work with your stakeholders to develop ideas to be stronger
- Work with Head of Marketing Operations and the General Manager to plan, develop and execute the strategy for attraction / cluster.
- Plan, deliver & execute the Marketing Plan for the attraction / cluster across all disciplines, including media, PR, schools, online and Trade, against commercial and financial results in line with the overall objectives of the business and attraction / cluster and brand strategy.
- Deliver budgeted annual admissions revenue and visitor budgets through successful and measurable marketing performance.
- Work with Head of Marketing Operations, Strategy & Insights Manager and the General Manager to develop attraction pricing approach for the attraction / cluster.
- Champion the customer perspective and ensure the delivered marketing campaigns are customer led, based upon thorough analysis of business opportunities utilizing insights from market research, industry trends, and the competitive landscape for attractions.
- Analyze and report revenue/admission data and audience insight to General Manager and Head of Marketing Operations to aid decision making for sales and marketing strategy to ensure budgeted revenue and admissions across all channels.
- Understand target customer profiles and increase the market share of visitation within individuals, schools & groups markets across both midweek and weekend trading periods.
- In collaboration with the Head of Marketing Operations, develop and execute a channel strategy for the attraction / cluster in line with business objectives (both commercial and customer satisfaction),overall sales and the marketing strategy in the most cost effective way across all marketing activity in line with core audience insight through innovative events-driven product development, advertising, online, PR, promotional partnerships and trade strategies.
- Maximize channel strategy for the attraction / cluster to deliver most cost efficient route to market in line with overall sales and marketing strategy.
Identify, secure and execute highly visible sales promotions with 3rd party brand partners and combined ticket packages/partner attraction promotional activity for the attraction / cluster.
- Drive online sales through online media activity and work with the eCommerce Team to maximize efficiency of website from traffic to conversion.
- Drive brand awareness to ensure attraction/s are a “must see” in the attractions’ market.
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in marketing, communications, business or related field or equivalent experience.
- At least, 1-2 years of developing and implementing robust marketing strategies, preferably within the attractions or hospitality industry.
- Advanced MS Excel skills including knowledge of macros and proficiency in MS Word and PowerPoint.
About the Benefits
In return you will find a competitive salary and benefits package (including affordable and robust medical, vision and dental plans, company-paid life insurance and 401(k) matching plan offering) and free entry to all our Merlin attractions which also extends to family and friends. In addition, you can expect continued growth of joining an exciting, global organization.
Merlin Entertainments is a business built on fun. We are the world's second-largest visitor attraction operator with over 100 attractions, eight hotels and three holiday villages in 22 countries across four continents. We offer some of the best-known names in global leisure including SEA LIFE, Madame Tussauds, the Dungeons, the Eye brand, and LEGOLAND. Whether you are serving delicious food, working in the office, maintaining the attractions, entertaining guest or operating rides, the objective is to provide a truly memorable experience and a great day out for all members of the family.