LEGOLAND Discovery Center Philadelphia, 500 W Germantown Pike
Plymouth Meeting, Pennsylvania, 19462
Do you have the Magic in you to create memorable experiences all for the love of fun? Want to join a team that creates smiles and memories globally on a daily basis? Then you have the magic to be Team Merlin at LEGOLAND Discovery Center Philadelphia!
About the Role
The Retail Supervisor is responsible for leading the retail teams as a part of the day to day operations of the department. In this role, you will manage a team of fun driven and enthusiastic magic and memorable experience makers. Through diligent work and optimal fun, you will strive to achieve the financial targets as well as lead and develop your team.
· Support the Retail Manager in the efficient, effective, and safe day-to-day running of assigned commercial areas of the attraction, with a strong focus on maximizing Per Cap spends and Average Transaction Values.
· Be the best-in-class on-the-floor example of excellence in assigned commercial areas of the attraction.
· Lead (by example) the Retail Team to consistently deliver world-class experiences to our guests, as evidenced by continuously meeting or exceeding KPI and Mystery Visit targets.
· Support the delivery initial and ongoing training of Retail Team as required for safe, efficient, and effective operation of assigned commercial areas.
· Work with Retail Manager to implement labor budgets/schedules for various day-types and seasonal needs.
· Support the Retail Manager with Merchandising and Inventory Control programs for the attraction.
· Ensure that the highest possible standards of service, cleanliness, technical operation, and safety are adhered to by the Retail Team.
· Support delivery of specified revenue metrics for any commercial areas operated by the Retail Team.
Brand Specific Responsibilities
· The LDC Retail Supervisor is our "trainee expert" in LEGO toys of all varieties and demonstrates a genuine passion for the fun & educational aspects of building with LEGO.
· Always up to date with all new product ranges and launches, the Retail Supervisor supports the Retail Manager with their expansive knowledge of LEGO play materials,
· Extended line and Licensed products and can support the training for our Staff in helping our Guests understand what the best products for them to purchase are.
· Deputizes for the Retail Manager in working with the Commercial Director to ensure LEGO orders are placed on time and to budget to ensure we always have the highest demand items in stock
· Supports the staff training on LEGO products so all staff are knowledgeable and able to upsell at every opportunity.
· Supports the Implementation and adherence to the Retail Planogram for the Retail Store to ensure LEGO Brand
· Standards are maintained at all times.
· Ensures all upsell opportunities are maximized by the whole team.
· Customer service experience is preferred and experience working with children and families is desirable.
· This position requires a fun, outgoing approach in interacting with others with a desire to provide service on the highest possible level and the ability to work individually and as part of a team.
· Excellent communication skills are required.
· Must be able to work in a fast paced, multi-task environment.
· High School Diploma or GED required; college degree preferred.
About The Benefits
In return you will find a competitive salary and benefits package (including affordable and robust medical, vision & dental plans, company-paid life insurance and 401(k) matching plan offering), free entry to all of our Merlin attractions which also extend to family and friends. In addition, you can expect continued growth of joining an exciting, global organization.
LEGOLAND Discovery Center is just like jumping into a giant box of LEGO® bricks with an abundance of all things LEGO-tastic! With two exciting LEGO rides, MINILAND featuring the iconic landmarks of the USA, a 4D cinema complete with three films, themed LEGO play and building zones, there are simply more LEGO bricks under one roof than you could ever imagine.
Merlin Entertainments is a business built on fun. We are the world's second-largest visitor attraction operator. We operate over 100 attractions, eight hotels and three holiday villages in 22 countries across four continents and we run some of the best known names in global leisure. These include the likes of SEA LIFE, Madame Tussauds, the Dungeons, the Eye brand, and LEGOLAND. Whether you are serving delicious food, working in the office, maintaining the attractions, entertaining guest or operating rides, the objective is to provide a truly memorable experience and a great day out for all members of the family.
In order to apply for this role you must be at least 16 years of age.
Everyone Matters at Merlin.
At Merlin we welcome the world to our magical attractions and resorts every day and we want to reflect that same multicultural mix inside our business too. We strive to create an inclusive and diverse workplace where people can be themselves, have the same opportunities and thrive together. Because at Merlin, everyone matters! Together, we work to create a workplace where everyone feels valued, no matter their age, race, gender, disability or sexual orientation. Although we understand that we'll always be learning and growing, we aim to be the most inclusive and flexible employer in our industry.