LEGOLAND Discovery Center Westchester, 39 Fitzgerald Street
Yonkers, New York, 10710
Merlin Entertainments Midway Division includes iconic attractions such as Madame Tussauds, LEGOLAND Discovery Centre, Peppa Pig and More! Merlin’s a company where spreading happiness in every job description, where new teammates become old friends and a job for the summer means memories forever. We offer flexible hours filled with fun – where part-time working is 100% rewarding.
Build yourself a more exciting future at LEGOLAND Discovery Center Westchester as an Admissions Supervisor !
About The Role
The Admissions Supervisor is passionate about creating memorable experiences for our guests by ensuring and facilitating the delivery of world class customer service through the main focus area of Admissions. Assist guests and help them purchase their tickets by communicating promotions, combination tickets and annual passes. You will manage a team of fun driven and enthusiastic magic and memorable experience Hosts. Monitor sales and feedback appropriately to the team to ensure they know their targets and strive to exceed them.
* Be the best-in-class on-the-floor example of excellence in admission area(s) of the attraction, with a clear focus on a positive initial touch point for guests.
* Lead (by example) the Admissions Team to consistently deliver world-class experiences to our guests, as evidenced by continuously meeting or exceeding KPI and Mystery Visit targets. Lead (by example) the Admissions Team to be Guest-Obsessed, positive, proactive, and FUN at all times.
* Support the delivery initial and ongoing training of Admissions Team as required for safe, efficient, and effective operation of admission areas.
* Work with Guest Experience Manager to implement labor budgets/schedules for various day-types and seasonal needs.
* Ensure that the highest possible standards of service, cleanliness, technical operation, and safety are adhered to by the Admissions Team.
* Support delivery of specified revenue metrics for any commercial areas operated by the Admissions Team.
* Supports recruiting, hiring, on-boarding, and ongoing training for Admissions Team.
* Reports admission metrics, inventory levels, KPIs, dwell time and other metrics for the Admissions Team.
* Manages performance and growth of Admissions Team through Personal Development Plans, Probationary Reviews, Appraisals, and Training.
* Manages and rectifies guest complaints in assigned areas per practice and policy, ensuring records are maintained.
* Coaches and Manages Admissions Team to provide best-in-class guest experience and maximize profit in all assigned areas.
* Manages, and maintains records of, Admissions Team performance improvement plans.
* Actively and consistently leads by example and serves as inspirational role model at all times.
* Clearly and effectively communicates existing and new policies, procedures, and information with Admissions Team.
* Ensures that team members are trained and empowered to deliver outstanding customer service - including guest recovery as needed.
· Passionate about LEGO!
· Desire to work in fast-paced environments.
· At least 2 years of supervisory experience in an admissions based environment, visitor attraction or retail outlet.
· Have the ability to maintain the highest level of service in high-pressure situations in a busy environment while dealing with guests in an efficient, professional manner.
· Good people management and communication skills are essential to successfully manage the Admissions Team, coupled with the ability to motivate and be an inspirational role model.
· Excellent sales skills are a must while paying great attention to detail and experience of using computerized till systems is also needed.
· Proven ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and multi-task as necessary.
· Must be flexible and able to work a variety of shifts, including days, nights, weekends, holidays and special events.
· High school or GED required. College degree preferred.
About The Benefits
In return, you will find a competitive salary and benefits package (including a medical, vision, dental, life insurance, and 401(k) matching plan offering), and benefit from free entry to all of our Merlin attractions which also extend to family and friends. In addition, you can expect continued growth of joining an exciting, global organization.
LEGOLAND Discovery Center is just like jumping into a giant box of LEGO® bricks with an abundance of all things LEGO-tastic! With two exciting LEGO rides, MINILAND featuring the iconic landmarks of Atlanta, a 4D cinema, themed LEGO play and building zones, there are simply more LEGO bricks under one roof than you could ever imagine.
Merlin Entertainments is the world’s second largest visitor attraction operator and Europe’s number one. We’re a business built on fun, family entertainment, and we put all of our passion into creating magical memories for our guests. When you think we have around 65 million visitors every year, that’s a lot of unforgettable moments!
Everyone Matters at Merlin.
At Merlin we welcome the world to our magical attractions and resorts every day and we want to reflect that same multicultural mix inside our business too. We strive to create an inclusive and diverse workplace where people can be themselves, have the same opportunities and thrive together. Because at Merlin, everyone matters! Together, we work to create a workplace where everyone feels valued, no matter their age, race, gender, disability or sexual orientation. Although we understand that we'll always be learning and growing, we aim to be the most inclusive and flexible employer in our industry.
We want to ensure that everyone has the opportunity to perform their best at interview, so if you have any additional requirements due to ill health or a disability, please contact our friendly team to have a discussion. You can get in contact at NAPeopleHUB@merlinentertainments.biz.