We are the Alton Towers Resort and we are part of the magical Merlin Entertainments!
Alton Towers Resort, part of the magical Merlin Entertainments Group, is home to the UK’s favourite Theme Park and offers an amazing combination of rides, attractions, shows & themed accommodation for thrill-seekers, families and kids of all ages! The UK's only attraction that specializes in making Britain happy, we are currently recruiting a Security & Medical Manager to join our team. Instrumental to making memorable experiences is delivering them safely, and you’ll be wholly responsible for ensuring the highest standards of security across all areas of the Resort. Working at Britain’s greatest escape is an exhilarating experience in itself and full of remarkable challenges!
Scope of Job\:
Reporting to the Operations Director, the job holder has a responsibility to protect the integrity of people and property across the resort through effective physical and operational security measures that are proportionate to existing and emerging threats across the resort.
The job holder ensures an efficient, personable and disciplined Security and Medical operation in the Resort while enforcing relevant policies and guidelines whilst maintaining a positive relationship between the Security and Medical Department and the rest of the Resort stakeholders.
To lead and manage the Resort’s Security, Medical, Occupational Health function and Operations Control Team in the operational delivery of the security strategy whilst ensuring guests receive the highest standards of customer service.
To manage costs in line with budgets; ensuring the FTE budget is constantly challenged and is brought in line with operational demand.
To promote a Health & Safety culture to ensure the team complete and record all departmental risk assessments and to take the necessary action to correct any dangerous working practices.
Working alongside the Emergency Planning & Community Engagement Manager to evolve and manage the Resort Crisis Management Plans ensuring all stakeholders remain safe and secure.
• Develop and implement security policies, protocols and procedures
• Control budgets for Security, Medical and Ops Control operations and monitor expenses
• Recruit, train and supervise Security, Medical and Ops Control management and staff
• Attend meetings with other managers to determine operational needs
• Plan and coordinate security operations for specific events
• Coordinate staff when responding to emergencies and alarms
• Review reports on incidents and breaches
• Investigate and resolve issues including working alongside the Profit Protection team
• Create reports for management on security status
• Analyze data to form proposals for improvements (e.g. implementation of new technology)
• Provide Occupational Health service to cover the Resort in partnership with the Human Resources team
• Lead and manage the resort Security, Medical and Operations Control Team Leader and their teams in achieving departmental objectives.
• Ensure a 24hr/365 day Security, Medical (including Occupational Health), and Operations Control service is provided to all stakeholders in the Resort.
We are looking for a competent Security & Medical Manager to organize and oversee all Security and Medical operations of our large-scale commercial operation. Security personnel will be under your command while you develop and implement policies and procedures to maintain security standards. You will have extensive & relevant knowledge, skills and experience of industry best practice.
As Security & Medical Manager, you will have to demonstrate excellent surveillance and emergency response skills. You will need a strong commitment to security rules and knowledge of all hazards and safety challenges (or challenges to safety). Since you will have a number of people under your responsibility, you must also exhibit leadership skills.
Your goal is the continual reduction of risk thereby creating and preserving an environment where employees, visitors and property are safe and well-protected as safety & security remains the Resort’s number one priority.
About the benefits\:
The role is full time, permanent, and will include weekends and bank holidays as required. Alongside a competitive salary and 33 days holiday (including Bank Holidays), you can look forward to enjoying a great benefits package including a Group Personal Pension Plan, Life Assurance, Employee Assistance Programme, Childcare Vouchers, and of course a Merlin Magic Pass which gives you and your friends and family free admission to all of our attractions worldwide, as well as 25% discount in our retail shops and restaurants and 40% discount on LEGO, and much more! Perhaps the biggest benefit of joining us however, is the outstanding opportunities for career development across the expanding group.
Merlin Entertainments is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all employees to share this commitment
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
- Starting in
- As soon as possible