Senior Communications Manager - Public Relations
LEGOLAND Florida Resort is a 150-acre interactive theme park dedicated to families with children between the ages of 2 and 12. With more than 50 rides, shows, and attractions, and uniquely themed LEGOLAND Water Park, LEGOLAND Hotel, and LEGOLAND Beach Resort inspired by the LEGO and DUPLO brands, LEGOLAND is geared towards family fun!
About the role...
Responsibilities include development of strategic communications plans and activation of PR and social media tactics, as well as maintaining positive relationships with media and influencers in key markets; writing and production of print, broadcast and digital stories and management of projects as assigned. This person will also serve as spokesperson and liaison in community and assigned key markets and manage direct reports. Facilitate ongoing internal communications for LEGOLAND Florida Resort (LLFR) and the LEGO Group.
What you’ll be doing...
- Pitch the media on LLFR and events happening within the park and resort. Research, create story ideas and write press releases, advisories, marketing copy and captions. Develop new and exciting angles on the park while maximizing exposure in all departments. Maintain positive and productive relationships will all members of the working news media and social media influencers in core and outer markets.
- Represent LLFR at meetings, in-studios appearances, shows, FAM tours, media blitzes and assigned events to generate news coverage and awareness on LLFR. Maintain active memberships and participation in PR and media related organizations and key partnerships. Interface with all local CVBs to keep informed of LLFR news and generate co-op PR efforts.
- Serve as spokesperson for proactive and crisis situations as a key point of contact with the media, community and business entities in the event of incidents within the park, or incidents which involve LLFR or the LEGO group. Maintain crisis action plan.
- Serve as contact for broadcast efforts including radio interviews, TV coverage, and live-on-location shoots in-park. Lead team to develop and maintain video and photo library and archive.
- Act as project management and marketing information resource. Schedule and conduct project meetings, facilitate assignments, establish activity budgets and report project status.
- Active member of the LLFR Marketing team. Monitor and benchmark the competition, develop relationships with counterparts at other Central Florida parks.
- Manage the Communications team, including social media and content, and their role within the department. Develop job descriptions, aid in hiring and fully train them in LLFR/Merlin capacity. Meet weekly to review job status, goals and updates. Develop their PDPs and ensure their success within the department.
Who we’re looking for...
Seven to ten years of progressive experience in public and media relations preferred, preferably in the tourism, entertainment or attractions industry. Requires a track record of success in planning and coordinating special events, media relations, and public and community relations. Requires proven experience to build and maintain strong public and media contacts, both at the regional and national levels. Experience as a spokesperson and as a point of contact is required. Experience serving in a proactive role in creating and implementing media event ideas and strategies is necessary. Strong project management skills are required. Ability to develop and execute detailed plans, programs and schedules required. Requires effective utilization and coordination of internal and external resources. Requires professional writing skills, demonstrated skill in making speeches and presentations, and outstanding organizational, verbal and interpersonal communication skills. Ability to be a contributing, proactive, positive and supportive member of the LEGOLAND PR team. Computer proficiency with ability to use Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel and PowerPoint), desktop publishing software, and familiarity with Internet research is required. Requires the ability to build positive relationships and linkages within LEGOLAND and with the community, charitable organizations, government groups, and the media to increase good will and achieve key department objectives for LEGOLAND Florida Resort.
A bachelor’s degree in journalism, communication arts, advertising, business, marketing, or closely related field (or equivalent education and experience) is required.
What you'll get...
In addition to a fun and friendly environment, you will also find: competitive salary free entry to LEGOLAND Florida Resort (which also extends to family and friends) 30% discount on LEGOLAND Florida Resort food, beverage and retail products, tuition assistance, free unlimited usage of the local transit system
Furthermore you will enjoy continuous support and opportunities to branch out and develop your career within LEGOLAND and Merlin Entertainments!
** Please consider whether you'll be able to travel to and from the Resort. Some shifts may fall into unsociable hours.**
About Merlin Entertainments
LEGOLAND Florida Resort is part of Merlin Entertainments. A business built on fun, Merlin is a global leader in location based, family entertainment. As Europe's Number 1 and the world's second-largest visitor attraction operator, Merlin now operates over 100 attractions, 15 hotels, and 6 holiday villages in 24 countries and across 4 continents. Our aim is to deliver unique, memorable, and rewarding experiences to millions of visitors across our growing estate of the best known names in global leisure.
Everyone Matters at Merlin.
At Merlin we welcome the world to our magical attractions and resorts every day and we want to reflect that same multicultural mix inside our business too. We strive to create an inclusive and diverse workplace where people can be themselves, have the same opportunities and thrive together. Because at Merlin, everyone matters! Together, we work to create a workplace where everyone feels valued, no matter their age, race, gender, disability or sexual orientation. Although we understand that we'll always be learning and growing, we aim to be the most inclusive and flexible employer in our industry.
Interested in this opportunity?