Technical Services Shift Lead
598 Assembly Row, Somerville, MA 02145
Build yourself a more exciting future at LEGOLAND Discovery Center Boston!
Do you have the Magic in you to create memorable experiences all for the love of fun? Do you wish to cast a spell of laughter and enjoyment to the people around you? Want to join a team that creates smiles and memories globally on a daily basis. Then you have the magic to be Team Merlin at LEGOLAND Discovery Center New Jersey at American Dream!
About The Role
The Technician is a vital role in our attractions as they ensure all the fun and magic are being delivered at an optimal level. On a daily basis, the Technician assists with the planned and reactive maintenance throughout the attraction to ensure the day-to-day operation is running smoothly, safely, and efficiently. Reporting to the Facilities Manager, you will be responsible for maintaining all aspects of the attraction including the rides, cinema, equipment, and machinery.
- Maintain, repair and troubleshoot all aspects of the attraction's equipment and machinery including HVAC, electrical, electronic, pneumatic, hydraulic and plumbing systems as well as rides and themed attractions.
- Utilize hands-on knowledge and experience to solve problems to sustain minimal downtime of rides and themed attractions for the maximum guest experience.
- Position functions will include: custodial duties, re-lamping & lighting systems, painting and wall repair, food and beverage equipment, shipping and receiving as well as exhibit setup and take-down.
You will be highly self-motivated with previous maintenance experience with maintaining a wide range of equipment including rides.
- Minimum of 2 years of service industry experience in a technical/themed environment.
- Experience in maintaining flexibility and the highest level of service in high-pressure and/or stressful situations.
- Must be flexible and able to work a variety of shifts, including days, nights, weekends, holidays and special events.
- 2+ years of technical college; or equivalent combination of experience and education.
- While performing the duties of this job, the individual is regularly required to stand and walk for prolonged periods; use hands and fingers to grip, pinch, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; balance; reach, pull, push with hands and arms below head and frequently above head; ability to smell.
- The individual is occasionally exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals, hazardous chemicals, fluorescent lamps or batteries; hazardous waste; be exposed to a loud work environment.
About The Benefits
In return, you will find a competitive salary and benefits package (including a medical, vision, dental, life insurance, and 401(k) matching plan offering), and benefit from free entry to all of our Merlin attractions which also extend to family and friends. In addition, you can expect continued growth of joining an exciting, global organization.
LEGOLAND Discovery Center is just like jumping into a giant box of LEGO® bricks with an abundance of all things LEGO-tastic! With two exciting LEGO rides, MINILAND featuring the iconic landmarks of the USA, a 4D cinema complete with three films, themed LEGO play and building zones, there are simply more LEGO bricks under one roof than you could ever imagine.
Merlin Entertainments Group Limited is a business built on fun. We are the world's second-largest visitor attraction operator. We operate over 100 attractions, eight hotels and three holiday villages in 22 countries across four continents and we run some of the best-known names in global leisure. These include the likes of SEA LIFE, Madame Tussauds, the Dungeons, the Eye brand, and LEGOLAND. Whether you are serving delicious food, working in the office, maintaining the attractions, entertaining guests or operating rides, the objective is to provide a truly memorable experience and a great day out for all members of the family.
We offer flexible opportunities, in a totally unique environment. We know this is a great place to work, but don’t just take our word for it… click here to see us in action!