Wardrobe Associate Model Citizen
420 Harriman Drive, Goshen, NY
We're LEGOLAND New York Resort - the place where FUN is built, and memories are guaranteed! With our Theme Park, Hotel, Mini-Land and more - the opportunities here at our BRAND-NEW LEGOLAND are endless.
If you have the magic to create smiles and memories daily, then you want to be on our team!
About the Department:
The Model Citizens on our Entertainment Team have a passion for roller coasters, fun, and safety. You are responsible for excellent customer service, product knowledge, daily maintenance and security, using proper tools and computer operating systems
As an Entertainment Associate, you’ll spend your day interacting with children and giving them experiences they’ll cherish forever.
In this role you will:
- Provide excellent guest service to all of our Model Citizens
- Assisting and putting together costumes
- Ability to sew preferred
- Assisting and putting together uniforms
- Other duties, as assigned
- Minimum age for employment for Wardrobe is 16
- Friendly, outgoing personality & well-groomed appearance
- Dependable and Responsible towards our Team and our Guests!
- Must be able to work a variety of shifts, including holidays and weekends
- Must have basic reading and math skills
- Must be able to interact in a multicultural environment with a variety of employees.
- Able to work in all weather conditions
- Must be able to lift 50lbs or more
- Drug and background check may be required
- Must be able to operate computers and learn software programs
- Must communicate effectively in a professional manner with coworkers, supervisors, and park guests
- Ability to learn and understand all policies and procedures pertinent to the department and the functions of the job
- Ability to make quick and effective decisions
- Ability to work effectively independently as well as in a group setting
- End of Season Bonus (through November)!
- Base pay rate is $15.00 per hour
- Referral Bonus!
Here at Merlin, we do it all for the love of FUN and if that wasn’t enough, we also have these magical benefits, exclusive to our awesome employees; Merlin Magic Pass which give you free admission to Merlin attractions, discount in our retail shops and restaurants, opportunities for career development within our exciting global organization, and much more!
Merlin Entertainments, ltd. is a business built on fun. We are the world's second-largest visitor attraction operator. We operate over 100 attractions, eight hotels and three holiday villages in 22 countries across four continents and we run some of the best-known names in global leisure. These include the likes of SEA LIFE, Madame Tussauds, the Dungeons, the Eye brand, and LEGOLAND. Whether you are serving delicious food, working in the office, maintaining the attractions, entertaining guest or operating rides, the objective is to provide a truly memorable experience and a great day out for all members of the family.
We thrive on innovative thinking and big ideas!!! For that reason, this job description is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions associated with this role. We create magic and invaluable experiences for our guests every day, and while this job description is intended to be an accurate reflection of what you will do here with us, we cannot guarantee you that creating magical moments won’t come with new and amazing adventures that can make your day different! Come work with us and you will see how at LEGOLAND New York Resort no two days are the same.
LEGOLAND New York Resort takes pride in building amazing teams with diverse experiences and ideas, by driving inclusion and innovation in the workplace. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type. We strive to create a workplace where everyone feels valued, no matter their age, race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Everyone Matters at Merlin.
At Merlin we welcome the world to our magical attractions and resorts every day and we want to reflect that same multicultural mix inside our business too. We strive to create an inclusive and diverse workplace where people can be themselves, have the same opportunities and thrive together. Because at Merlin, everyone matters! Together, we work to create a workplace where everyone feels valued, no matter their age, race, gender, disability, protected veteran status or sexual orientation. Although we understand that we'll always be learning and growing, we aim to be the most inclusive and flexible employer in our industry.