METRO is a leading international specialist in wholesale and food retail. We work for 21 million customers with 21 million different sets of challenges, ambitions and dreams. Our sales brands METRO/MAKRO Cash & Carry and Real, our delivery services, and our digitization initiatives set the standards for tomorrow: for customer focus, technological innovation and sustainable business models. We keep an open mind and do all we can to help our customers achieve their goals. From Michelin star restaurants to ambitious independent visionaries and everyone in between - we're here to help the small business with big ideas and global businesses with local priorities to succeed. All 150,000 of us.
This 6-months-Internship will offer you a chance to be part of a dynamic work environment and give you a real-life experience of Business Intelligence / Reporting implementation in a multinational corporation. It’s your chance to practice what you have learnt in your class room. Metro Corp. Controlling and Finance – Business Intelligence (BI) team is planning to improve the Metro AG BI solution. Finance BI team is responsible for financial reporting and is working on building a Finance + Commercial Business Intelligence (BI) solution. The team will be undertaking some transitions during the coming 6 months, we have following tasks ahead of us.
- capture as-is processes
- design to-be reports & processes
- ensure reports are produced without interruption during the transition
- ensure high quality and timeliness in reporting on an on-going basis
- understand pain-points of team and of our internal customers
- help with change management
- We are looking for an enthusiastic, smart candidate for Internship. This Internship is ideal for students pursuing their Masters in Business Administration (MBA) or other similar Masters programs with focus on Controlling, Accounting.
- Good Knowledge of Written and Spoken English is vital, Good Knowledge of German will be an advantage (but not essential).
- Good Knowledge of Accounting and Microsoft Excel is Essential.
- Past experience or exposure to academic subjects of Controlling / Business Intelligence / Data Management & Software like SAP BW / Microstrategy will be an added advantage.
This Internship is a Win-Win Combination for you and Metro
- Your Takeaway - Learn by doing. Step out of academic life into real life business reporting, understand the issues, challenges, develop solutions
- International exposure, working in a multicultural, multinational environment
- Working on advanced BI tools like Microstrategy, SAP BW, Tagetik
- Research from academic papers, books, magazines - best practices in Business Intelligence / Reporting (optional-outside working time)
- Output from the Internship which we expect – Documentation of As-Is and To-Be Financial Reporting Processes.
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Certificates / Recommendations (from School, University, Employers or Similar) (if available)
- Certificate of Enrollment
- Work Permit (if necessary)
See job description
- Job type
- Düsseldorf, Germany
- F&B other, Finance/Accounting, Retail
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Contract duration
METRO Cash & Carry
METRO operates in 25 countries with more than 700 stores, 110,000 employees, and 21 million customers. At METRO, internationality is not just a concept; it is what defines METRO’s business, its employees, and its operations. Taking inspiration from the entrepreneurial spirit and limitless energy of its customer, METRO’s success is shaped by the dedication to these independent business people. Relationships, partnerships, and trust with customers, suppliers, and employees are at the core of everything it does.
METRO and its employees put the needs of its customers at the forefront of everything they do. It is this attitude of customer orientation that allows METRO to grow, both in size and influence, as the company continues to seek out ways to provide innovative solutions to its core customers in the HoReCa sector. Whether through investment in start-ups with the METRO Accelerator, dedication to innovation through the internally selected Innovation Pioneers, or commitment to young talent with the METRO Potentials training programme, METRO understands the need to develop value-added services to support the growth of customer businesses.
METRO’s steady growth offers prospective employees a positive outlook for the future and the opportunity to develop new markets, build customer relationships, foster innovative customer solutions, and enjoy excellent career growth within the company.