METRO is a leading international specialist in wholesale and food retail. We work for 21 million customers with 21 million different sets of challenges, ambitions and dreams. Our sales brands METRO/MAKRO Cash & Carry and Real, our delivery services, and our digitization initiatives set the standards for tomorrow: for customer focus, technological innovation and sustainable business models. We keep an open mind and do all we can to help our customers achieve their goals. From Michelin star restaurants to ambitious independent visionaries and everyone in between - we're here to help the small business with big ideas and global businesses with local priorities to succeed. All 150,000 of us.
You will take on a wide variety of interesting tasks
- Supporting the translation of business requirements into algorithmic, analytical solutions
- Supporting the development and implementation of analytical solutions
- Extracting and processing large amounts of data to gather business insights
Your professional skills
To succeed in this role, you will need
- Bachelor-/Master studies in a data science discipline, such as computer science, statistics, or mathematics (min. 4th semester)
- Knowledge of databases and SQL (ideally Teradata)
- Knowledge of scripting languages (ideally Python and R)
- English communication skills (company language is English)
- Self-learning attitude and high level of curiosity to explore new ways of working.
We are offering you an inspiring work environment
- Paid, full-time internship or part time working student for 6 months
- Deep insights into various functional areas such as Finance, Supply Chain, IT, etc.
- Opportunity to learn from the friendly, experienced team in a multicultural environment.
- Exchange of experiences with other interns and working students within our intern community.
See job description
- Job type
- Düsseldorf, Germany
- F&B other, Retail
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Contract duration
METRO Cash & Carry
METRO operates in 25 countries with more than 700 stores, 110,000 employees, and 21 million customers. At METRO, internationality is not just a concept; it is what defines METRO’s business, its employees, and its operations. Taking inspiration from the entrepreneurial spirit and limitless energy of its customer, METRO’s success is shaped by the dedication to these independent business people. Relationships, partnerships, and trust with customers, suppliers, and employees are at the core of everything it does.
METRO and its employees put the needs of its customers at the forefront of everything they do. It is this attitude of customer orientation that allows METRO to grow, both in size and influence, as the company continues to seek out ways to provide innovative solutions to its core customers in the HoReCa sector. Whether through investment in start-ups with the METRO Accelerator, dedication to innovation through the internally selected Innovation Pioneers, or commitment to young talent with the METRO Potentials training programme, METRO understands the need to develop value-added services to support the growth of customer businesses.
METRO’s steady growth offers prospective employees a positive outlook for the future and the opportunity to develop new markets, build customer relationships, foster innovative customer solutions, and enjoy excellent career growth within the company.