METRO is a leading international specialist in wholesale and food retail. We work for 21 million customers with 21 million different sets of challenges, ambitions and dreams. Our sales brands METRO/MAKRO Cash & Carry and Real, our delivery services, and our digitization initiatives set the standards for tomorrow: for customer focus, technological innovation and sustainable business models. We keep an open mind and do all we can to help our customers achieve their goals. From Michelin star restaurants to ambitious independent visionaries and everyone in between - we're here to help the small business with big ideas and global businesses with local priorities to succeed. All 150,000 of us.
As a part of our team you are actively involved in supply chain management processes to support needs and requests from our business. Together with the team in Düsseldorf we are developing and sharing best practice for warehousing and transport – always focusing on best in class end to end supply chain solutions.
- Support Supply Chain related projects
- Document supply chain processes from various Metro countries
- Create blueprints for best practices
- Develop tools and templates to support high standards
- Identify potential bottlenecks in current operations
- Support FSD (food service delivery) business initiatives
Your professional skills
To succeed in this role, you will need
- Bachelor-/Master-Studies in Business Administration or related studies with focus on Supply Chain Management, Logistics or Economics (min. 4th semester)
- Favorably experience in the Supply Chain Area
- Strong analytical and strategic competencies
- Engagement to work in a challenging, result oriented environment
- Open-mindedness, enthusiasm, willingness to get involved, flexibility and a can-do attitude
- Excellent MS Office knowledge
- Very good English communication skills (company language is English)
- Paid, full-time internship or part time working student for 6 months
- Opportunity to learn from the friendly, experienced team in a highly dynamic and multicultural environment.
- Insights in the entire supply chain of internationally sourced and distributed products: From decisions on assortments and goods flow, to demand and supply planning as well as stock management up until sales, invoicing, customer service and international transport.
- Exchange of experiences with other interns and working students within our intern community: METRO 4 Interns
Are you interested in working in a professional team? Then we would be pleased to receive your online application in English. The METRO AG is an equal opportunity employer. We offer all qualified employees and applicants identical chances.
See job description
- Job type
- Internship, Full-time
- Düsseldorf, Germany
- Purchasing, Logistics, F&B other, Other, Retail
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Contract duration
METRO Cash & Carry
METRO operates in 25 countries with more than 700 stores, 110,000 employees, and 21 million customers. At METRO, internationality is not just a concept; it is what defines METRO’s business, its employees, and its operations. Taking inspiration from the entrepreneurial spirit and limitless energy of its customer, METRO’s success is shaped by the dedication to these independent business people. Relationships, partnerships, and trust with customers, suppliers, and employees are at the core of everything it does.
METRO and its employees put the needs of its customers at the forefront of everything they do. It is this attitude of customer orientation that allows METRO to grow, both in size and influence, as the company continues to seek out ways to provide innovative solutions to its core customers in the HoReCa sector. Whether through investment in start-ups with the METRO Accelerator, dedication to innovation through the internally selected Innovation Pioneers, or commitment to young talent with the METRO Potentials training programme, METRO understands the need to develop value-added services to support the growth of customer businesses.
METRO’s steady growth offers prospective employees a positive outlook for the future and the opportunity to develop new markets, build customer relationships, foster innovative customer solutions, and enjoy excellent career growth within the company.