Metro Wholesales & Foodservices started its international Meat Sourcing Office (Rotterdam Trading Office located in Delft, the Netherlands) in 2011 with only 4 people.
Today we are with 26 colleagues, 13 nationalities and we have a turnover of > 200M€. RTO is serving world-wide approx. 780 stores in 24 countries.
Looking each day for innovations, the best quality & service and most competitive prices for our clients. By working with highly certified suppliers only we can assure our colleagues and final customers full transparency.
We monitor the whole supply-chain, from Farm to Fork. As International Trading Office (ITO) Supply Chain Manager you will responsible for all Trading Offices within the Metro Group located in Delft - The Netherlands You will report to the local Trading Office Manager and be sideways in contact with the ITO Financial Manager, ITO QA Manager, ITO System Manager, ITO Process Manager, Local TO Commercial Managers.
You will be responsible for the whole Supply Chain Strategy within the International Trading Offices
- Revise, control and development of the ITO operative Supply chain organization
- Optimization of the ITO Supply Chain related processes such as Import/Export, Stock control and Logistics
- To define the Supply Chain Strategy for each TO
- End responsible for the execution of transport and control if the coast and efficiency of the whole Supply Chain, including Import/Export and Stock control area.
- Creation, maintenance and development of TO´s logistics/supply chain KPI´s that allows an accurate analysis of the business (including MIS activity monitoring
- To collect, manage and distribute information regarding logistic work flows for creation of synergies among TO´s (including MIS activities)
- Supplier to MCC Depot// Supplier to TO platform// TO platform to MCC depot…
- To set the negotiation strategy for ITO LSP´s and PTF´s portfolio and better tariff conditions
- Platform stock control management (e.g. frozen business)
- Improvement and optimization of Frozen operations\
- Being the contact person for MCC entities for Supply Chain matters, granting and maintaining a strong trust based relationship with them.
- Constantly developing and improving processes and systems in order to provide better advantages that make the difference for MCC in front of other suppliers
- To keep focus on sustainable solutions set up and development
- Monitoring and management of ITO logistic and supply chain team members.
- Manage all the information flows between all involved departments within ITO organization (QA, Commercial and Sourcing), and MIS.
- To implement team management solutions and focus on professional team development
Requirements Education & Skills:
- International commerce, Import/Export, Logistics, Supply Chain degree/master
- Other related studies are valuable
- Fluent English language spoken and written
- Advanced knowledge of Windows Office applications, Internet and other software programs;
- Proficient in Excel;
- Strong insights in supply chain / logistic service in an international scope;
- Strong understanding of customer and market dynamics and requirements
- Strong strategic business vision
- Minimum 10 years of work experience in the field of logistics for international transports
Strong business development background
Good knowledge of export procedures
Experience in Ultra Fresh logistics
Team management experience
Self-disciplined with ability to work independently with a sense of personal responsibility for quality work
- Ability to work in a rapidly expanding business environment
- Professionalism and attention to service
- Target and result orientation
- Strong leadership skills with a dynamic and cooperative style
Excellent communication / negotiation skills
Honest, demanding and assertive
Entrepreneurial and proactive
Ability to integrate him/herself into existing side functions;
Strong commitment towards customer orientation and understanding of customer needs and market trends
Strong commitment towards company values and principles
Ability to adapt to different cultural environments
See job description
We renew our dedication to our customers'success every day – consistently and without compromise. We share a passion for food with our customers. We know what matters to them, we understand their needs and we are there to support them. As a supplier, an adviser, an enabler and a 'Champion for Independent Business'– for 16 million customers in 34 countries.