Millennium Hilton New York One UN Plaza is looking for their next Assistant Director of Housekeeping! An Assistant Director of Housekeeping is responsible for assisting the Director in the direction and administration of all Housekeeping operations to ensure the overall cleanliness and product quality of the hotel in the hotel''s continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability.
The Assistant Director of Housekeeping will report into the Director of Housekeeping and oversee a team of 3 managers, 7 supervisors and over 75 union team members at this 439 room Hilton property.
What will I be doing?
As an Assistant Director of Housekeeping, you would be responsible for assisting the Director in the direction and administration of all Housekeeping operations to ensure the overall cleanliness and product quality of the hotel in the hotel''s continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Assist the Director in ensuring cleanliness, service and product quality standards of guest rooms, public spaces, restrooms, offices and banquet/meeting/conference rooms in accordance with federal, local and company health, sanitation and safety standards
- Plan, distribute, delegate and direct daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual work assignments
- Inspect public areas and guest rooms to ensure compliance with quality assurance standards
- Assist the Director in the administration of systems use and management, budgeting and forecasting, inventory control, department management, policy and procedure implementation and enforcement and meeting participation and facilitation
- Monitor and develop team member performance to include, but not limited to, providing supervision and professional development, scheduling, conducting counseling and evaluations and delivering recognition and reward
- Recruit, interview and train team members
- Ensure proper usage of chemicals and cleaning supplies by monitoring usage, providing complete training for team members and ensuring proper labeling of hazardous supplies in accordance with federal, state, local and company regulations
What are we looking for?
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We''re passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We''re leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We''re team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We''re the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
- Customer Focus
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Manhattan, New York, NY, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible