The Director of Programs is a salaried, exempt, supervisory position. Under the direction of the General Manager, the Director of Integrative Wellness is responsible for the daily operations of all integrative wellness programs and activities.
- The creation, development, implementation and evaluation of all programs, (ie; nutrition, fitness, therapy-based, wellness and other classes and special offerings designed to support targeted needs or purposeful guest experiences.)
- Training with Reservations and Guest Relations staff to assist each guest to engage them as fully as possible in a meaningful Miraval experience. This experience begins with the first contact (phone or email) and doesn’t end until the guest has checked out.
- Continuously evaluate all program offerings to leverage resources, ensure fiscal responsibility and ensure the high standards of Miraval are being maintained.
- Oversee the monthly Activities Schedule to ensure cost-effectiveness, easy implementation, balance of content, and that offerings are guest-driven.
- Drive revenue by training Guest Relations and Experience Planning staff to make appropriate referrals and by training program staff to make presentations appropriately compelling to promote individual consults.
- Oversee all budgets for the department and on a yearly basis, project 3 year capital budgets.
- Partner with Marketing, Sales and PR regarding scope of programs and how best to reach the Miraval audience.
- Serve as primary contact for all “celebrity” (ambassador) content providers; develop individual and group signature programs.
Manages daily communication and follow up between guest relations, housekeeping, engineering and landscape
Organizes and participates in departmental and inter-departmental meetings
Actively participates in training opportunities and team building activities
Oversee the management of the Equine, Challenge, Integrative Wellness, Wellness, Meditation and Mindfulness, Nutrition and Fitness Departments.
Directly supervise the Program Manager and Program Coordinator, and all program staff.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Excellent guest service skills, both in person and on the phone.
5 years’ experience in health and wellness focused programs, preferably in a wellness resort setting.
Professional presentation and demeanor, comfort in speaking with media entities
Strong Leadership and organizational skills necessary to manage and direct all aspects and operation of Life in Balance and all other guest programs.
Thorough understanding of operating and management techniques as they apply to the spa and resort industry.
Proven success in ensuring guest and employee satisfaction.
Exceptional communication skills, with the ability to effectively train, coach, evaluate, and correct employee behavior.
Ability to travel occasionally on behalf of the company and to work flexible and extended hours as required by the operations of the resort.
Familiarization with resort industry success measures and strategies for product positioning and brand management.
Broad-based, up-to-date knowledge of programming trends, tools and resources for the spa, wellness and resort industries.
Ability to write effective business communications, summaries and reports using both prescribed and creative formats.
Ability to effectively monitor and control expenses, allocate financial resources and maintain budget restrictions.
Accelerated decision-making and problem-solving abilities, utilizing factual information, company policies, and personal judgment through experience.
Strong organizational skills, with emphasis on attention to detail and continuous follow-up.
Ability to multi-task, manages interruptions, establish work priorities, handle stress and effectively matriculate in a fast-paced, frequently-changing environment.
Strong computer skills, with knowledge of Microsoft Office programsEDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- College degree preferred in the areas of Psychology, Counseling, or Health Education.
- Management experience in resort operations
- Director level experience for a minimum of five years and or equivalent with proven knowledge of project production, budgeting and marketing.
This position requires the ability to correspond with guests electronically with proper grammar, including correct spelling and sentence structure. This position must be able to verbally interact appropriately at a luxury level with all guests from all different backgrounds.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations. Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts and percentages.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and walk for up to eight hours. The associate must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Position will be exposed to the elements during shift while working in different areas of the property.
- Job type
- Tucson, AZ, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible