Miraval Austin (formally Travaasa Experiential Resort) sits nestled in 210 acres of the Balcones Canyonlands Preserve overlooking beautiful Lake Travis and just 30 minutes from downtown Austin. Our property is currently undergoing extensive renovations, and will soon include 117 guest rooms, conference facilities, a beautifully-appointed restaurant with an exhibition kitchen and outdoor patio, full-service spa with infinity edge pool, fitness center, horse stables and covered arena, farm, a challenge course, and many other facilities and amenities available to our guests at this all-inclusive resort.
During our time of growth and expansion, we are seeking a Cook 4 to join our growing team and help us get ready for our re-opening in Fall 2018. Under the general direction of the Executive Chef and Executive Sous Chef, the Cook 4 requires in-depth skills and knowledge of all kitchen operations. Capable of producing a consistent product to meet and exceed guests'' needs in a timely manner. On a daily basis must monitor food production, quality and consistency, staffing levels and department training. Skills and knowledge to include culinary education, cost control, communication skills, computer skills, organizational skills, guest contact experience and culinary teaching skills and knowledge. This person must be able to give direction in the absence of a manager.
As part of the Hyatt and Miraval family, we offer a complete benefits package, including Health, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance; 401(k); ESPP, and complementary and discount Hyatt nights.
Miraval associates work in an environment that demands exceptional performance yet reaps great rewards. Whether it is career opportunities, job enrichment or a supportive work environment, if you are ready for this challenge, then we are ready for you.
- Requires good communication skills.
- At least 4 years of previous line and fine dining experience preferred.
- Culinary degree or related hotel experience preferred.
- Able to work most stations of the kitchen.
- Previous guest service and culinary teaching experience preferred.
- Able to work in a team.
- Ability to multitask and work efficiently under pressure.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time and lift, push and carry moderate to heavy amounts of weight on a consistent basis.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including morning and evening shifts on weekdays and weekends, including holidays.
- Job type
- Austin, TX, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible