Miraval Austin (formally Travaasa Experiential Resort) sits nestled in 210 acres of the Balcones Canyonlands Preserve overlooking beautiful Lake Travis and just 30 minutes from downtown Austin. Our property is currently undergoing extensive renovations, and will soon include 117 guest rooms, conference facilities, a beautifully-appointed restaurant with an exhibition kitchen and outdoor patio, full-service spa with infinity edge pool, fitness center, horse stables and covered arena, farm, a challenge course, and many other facilities and amenities available to our guests at this all-inclusive resort.
During our time of growth and expansion, we are seeking a Massage Therapist Lead to join our growing team and help us get ready for our re-opening in Fall 2018. The Massage Therapist Lead functions as an integral member of the Spa team by providing guest services and providing thorough and professional therapeutic spa services. In addition to performing the same duties as all other Massage Therapists, the Lead serves as a departmental resource to other staff. Additional responsibilities include training other team members and communicating procedures, policies and other property information, completing the most complex tasks in the team, and assisting with scheduling and assuring inventory and equipment is available. This position is currently part time (10 hours per week). Hours will progressively increase to full time as we get closer to opening. During pre-opening the Massage Therapist Lead will be responsible for:
Development of service protocols and standard operating procedures
Recruiting & interviewing
Training (on going)
Resort Suite (Property Management System) build & train
As part of the Hyatt and Miraval family, we offer a complete benefits package, including Health, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance; 401(k); ESPP, and complementary and discount Hyatt nights.
Miraval associates work in an environment that demands exceptional performance yet reaps great rewards. Whether it is career opportunities, job enrichment or a supportive work environment, if you are ready for this challenge, then we are ready for you.
- Possession of a valid Texas license as a massage therapist
- At least five years of post-license experience
- Able to deal effectively and interact well with guests and co-workers.
- Must be available to work evenings, weekends and holidays
- Demonstrated knowledge, understanding, and application of wellness concepts and human physiology
- Prior experience with staff training and development
- Knowledge in the safe and appropriate use of tools, equipment, props and procedures related to the essential functions of the job
- Ability and skill in using basic computer systems and software including resort PMS system (Resort Suite)
- Able to perform all of the physical tasks associated with the spa treatments and therapies for an extended period of time
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Austin, TX, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible