We are looking for a passionate, dedicated and energetic painter to join our highly skilled and dependable Engineering Team, keeping Sea Containers London ship-shape and Bristol fashion! More than just a bunch of handymen, you will be tasked in ensuring the maintenance of equipment and building fabric securing a seamless and unforgettable experience for our discerning guests.
Who are you?
- Experience in a public contact position and experience in a similar role as a Painter/Decorator is essential.
- Sound knowledge of Painting and decorating principles.
- Ability to multitask, work in a fast paced environment and have a high level attention to detail.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Comfortable in communicating with guests, colleagues and management
- Experience in French Polishing would be advantageous.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To carry out the painting and decorating duties as required, maintaining the building's appearance.
- To ensure the painting section within the workshop is maintained in a clean and tidy condition and that hazards are immediately reported and rectified, with a general awareness of health and safety in relation to all tasks and activities undertaken.
- Assist the Engineering Team with basic maintenance projects and work closely with the Senior Painter to complete all tasks.
- Preparation including filling, skimming and plastering and finishing various surfaces using appropriate tools, paints and finishes.
- Attend any meetings or training sessions as directed by the Director or Engineering and Senior Painter.
Who are we?
We are a family who commit to transforming emotional connection into extraordinary experience that are memorable.
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer a range of benefits that include:
- Constructive and regular Performance Review system.
- 28 days holiday (increasing based on length of service).
- Quarterly Employee Award Ceremony, team activities and social events.
- Discounted Employee and Friends & Family rates on rooms and F&B.
- Meals on duty and uniforms/ dry-cleaning provided.
- Discounted Gym membership.
- Enrolment into schemes and incentives such as Ride to Work, Season ticket loan and Pension.
You must have the Right to Work in the UK to be eligible for this role. Documentation may be required at interview stage. Sea Containers London Ltd is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants and incumbents are selected, placed, trained, compensated and promoted without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital, or disability or other classifications protected by applicable law. In addition, Sea Containers London Ltd, provides a reasonable accommodation for applicants/incumbents with disabilities. Please advise Human Resources if you require a reasonable accommodation.
- Job type
- London, United Kingdom
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Duration of the contract
- Pay range
- Market related
Sea Containers London (ex Mondrian)
Mondrian London boasts an enviable food and beverage offering. Enjoy delicious farm-to-table fare at our ground-floor restaurant Sea Containers, savour innovative cocktails from our award-winning bar team at Dandelyan and unwind surrounded by unparalleled views of the London skyline at our rooftop bar Rumpus Room. Alternatively, embrace deep relaxation and underwater tranquility at agua Bathhouse & Spa where a range of signature treatments are available or catch one of the newest blockbusters, classic matinees or family favourites in our bespoke cinema- Curzon Mondrian London.
We are a family of passionate individuals, committed to authenticity, sophistication, mastery and innovation. We are dedicated to training and development and provide our team with the tools to succeed in the future.