Do you love to share your passion for food & beverages? Do you give the best wine recommendations to our guests? Would you like to contribute to a successful event? And would you like to become an expert in F&B? Then this might be the internship for you!
Mövenpick Hotel Amsterdam City Centre has a Lobby & Lounge Bar, an a la carte restaurant, In-room Dining and 11 meeting rooms. Within this F&B traineeship you will rotate between the different F&B outlets and therefor you will have the unique chance to explore your general Food & Beverage knowledgs!
The perfect candidate has:
- Hotel school or tourism education (MBO level)
- An enthusiastic, hospitable, independent and proactive work attitude and passion for the hospitality industry
- A flexible mentality and is able to work in the mornings, evenings, weekends and on public holidays.
- Teamplayer skills
- Sufficient knowledge of the Dutch and / or English language (is mandatory)
- Availability for a minimum of 16 weeks, 5 days a week.
What do we have to offer you:
- 38-hours work week
- A trainee allowance of €500,- per month (including study- and travel allowance)
- Sunday allowance of 5% and Night allowance of 20%
- Working in a young and enthusiastic team
- Working in a hotel (chain) with many future opportunities
- Uniform and laundry service form the hotel
- During the internship there are a lot of opportunities for internal trainings and schooling
- A lot of develop opportunities after your internship within Mövenpick Hotels and Resorts
- Discount on rooms and F&B within Mövenpick Hotels & Resorts
The main responsibilities include:
- Welcome and serving guests in a polite and friendly manner
- Taking food and beverage orders from the guest
- Giving suggestions on the menu-, wine-, or beverages card to our guests
- Preparing and serving the (beverage) orders
- Preparing and handling bills
- Setting and clearing of tables
- Setting up or breaking down the banquet rooms
- Other mice & place tasks for the different F&B outlets
- Leaving the different workplaces with attention
Please note that if you are not a citizen from a European state and you do not have a work permit for the Netherlands you cannot apply for this position.
How to apply for this career opportunity?
We appreciate hearing from all qualified candidates by submitting your application by using our Online Application Form. Website: Go to website
Mövenpick Hotel Amsterdam City Centre
Mövenpick Hotels & Resorts, an international upscale hotel management company with over 16’000 staff members, is represented in 24 countries with 72 hotels and resorts currently in operation. Focusing on expansion in its core markets of Europe, Africa, the Middle East and Asia, Mövenpick Hotels & Resorts specializes in business and conference hotels, as well as holiday resorts, all reflecting a sense of place and respect for their local communities. Of Swiss heritage and headquartered in Zurich, Mövenpick Hotels & Resorts is passionate about delivering premium service, culinary enjoyment and sustainable environments – all with a personal touch.
Mövenpick Hotel Amsterdam City Centre opened her doors in September 2006.
The hotel is situated on the ‘IJ’ and in the newest hot spot of Amsterdam between the Passengers Terminal and the Muziekgebouw.
Mövenpick Hotel Amsterdam is a modern 4 star hotel and offers 408 luxury guest rooms and 2500m2 Conference space devided over 21 state of the art banquet rooms in the hotel and the meeting center. Our guests also have access to the Fitness & Wellness. Other facilities inf the hotel are the Silk Road restaurant that can seat up to 250 persons with the East meets West restaurant concept , Silk Bar and 24 hour Room service. Mövenpick Hotel Amsterdam is a partner of IJvenues, together with the Music building, Bimhuis and the Passengers Terminal. For more information go to www.moevenpick-hotels.com/amsterdam & www.ijvenues.com.