Are you the new colleague who would like to contribute to make our hotel successful? A motivated seller? And you would like to represent a fantastic product? Do good results give you a boost and would you like to be appreciated? You work independently and yet a real team player? Then this is the right job for you. A job with plenty of growth opportunities and challenges.
The perfect candidate has:
- “HBO” work level, preferably Bachelor degree Hotel management
- 2-3 years’ work experience in a similar position and preferable similar company
- Affection with the Hotel industry
- Commercial attitude
- No “9 to 5” mentality
- Guest, Market and Result oriented
- strong communication skills
- structured and stress resistant
- Enthusiastic and creative
- Excellent knowledge of the Dutch and English language in both conversation and writing
- “hands-on” mentality
- Accurate and eye for detail and quality
- Proactive Sales attitude
- Team player, but are also capable to work independently
What do we have to offer you:
- Full-time contract of 38 hours per week
- This position is classified in scale 6 with a salary between the €2.169,09- €2.625,- gross per month according to the Horeca CAO.
- 25 vacation days per year
- Travel allowance up to €150,- per month, based on the amount of km.
- Night allowance of 20% and Sunday allowance of 5%
- Pension fund
- Staff uniform and laundry service
- Discount on rooms and F&B within Mövenpick Hotels & Resorts and Accor Hotels
- Various staff events
- Excellent international career development and training possibilities
The main responsibilities include:
- Maximizing the turnover on the basis of yield management, upselling, pricing strategies and creative thinking with promotions
- Achieve revenue goals with your colleagues
- Discuss needs / requirements and prepare cost estimates and competitive quotes for groups, contracting, making final arrangements
- Welcoming accounts and arrange site inspections
- Registration of all current offers and follow-up of outstanding proposals
- Responsible for the full organization of a definite event in our hotel
- The spill between the organization and the clients
- Registering all information in our computer system and make function sheets for the operational departments
- After sales
- Apply at all times the hotel policies regarding cancellations, no-shows, etc.
- You report directly to the C&E Manager
In this role your focus is to maximize revenue in the group segment by sending out competitive offers regarding corporate conference and meeting requests to be able to convert the request in a definite booking and eventually make a full and detailed planning of the event.
Please note that if you are not a citizen from a European state and you do not have a work permit for the Netherlands you cannot apply for this position.
How to apply for this career opportunity?
We appreciate hearing from all qualified candidates by submitting your application by using our Online Application Form. Website: Go to website
Mövenpick Hotel Amsterdam City Centre
Mövenpick Hotels & Resorts, an international upscale hotel management company with over 16’000 staff members, is represented in 24 countries with 72 hotels and resorts currently in operation. Focusing on expansion in its core markets of Europe, Africa, the Middle East and Asia, Mövenpick Hotels & Resorts specializes in business and conference hotels, as well as holiday resorts, all reflecting a sense of place and respect for their local communities. Of Swiss heritage and headquartered in Zurich, Mövenpick Hotels & Resorts is passionate about delivering premium service, culinary enjoyment and sustainable environments – all with a personal touch.
Mövenpick Hotel Amsterdam City Centre opened her doors in September 2006.
The hotel is situated on the ‘IJ’ and in the newest hot spot of Amsterdam between the Passengers Terminal and the Muziekgebouw.
Mövenpick Hotel Amsterdam is a modern 4 star hotel and offers 408 luxury guest rooms and 2500m2 Conference space devided over 21 state of the art banquet rooms in the hotel and the meeting center. Our guests also have access to the Fitness & Wellness. Other facilities inf the hotel are the Silk Road restaurant that can seat up to 250 persons with the East meets West restaurant concept , Silk Bar and 24 hour Room service. Mövenpick Hotel Amsterdam is a partner of IJvenues, together with the Music building, Bimhuis and the Passengers Terminal. For more information go to www.moevenpick-hotels.com/amsterdam & www.ijvenues.com.