Do your friends always ask you for advice about a confidential problem? Do you strive to bring out the best in people? Are you looking for a challenging and divers internship where, in 1 day, you give guided tours, have interviews and finish your administrative tasks? Than come and strengthen our team as an Human Resources Trainee!
The perfect candidate has:
- An HBO Hotel school or Human Resources education
- A proactive, enthusiastic work attitude and has an eye for detail
- No effort to perform well in a team
- Good social and communication skills to build strong relationships with staff members
- Sufficient knowledge of the Dutch and English language
- Experience with working (traineeship) in an hotel
- Availability for a minimum of 20 weeks, 5 days a week.
What do we have to offer you:
- 38-hours work week
- A trainee allowance of €500,- per month
- Working in a young and enthusiastic team
- Working in a hotel (chain) with many opportunities
- Uniform and laundry service from the hotel
- During the internship there are a lot of opportunities for internal trainings and schooling
- A lot of develop opportunities after your internship within Mövenpick Hotels and Resorts
- Discount on rooms and F&B within Mövenpick Hotels & Resorts
The main responsibilities include:
- Selecting and hiring activities, such as creating function profiles, opening and closing positions on websites and informing candidates about their application procedure.
- Responsible for selecting and hiring of trainees, including job interviews and contact with schools.
- Responsible for organizing the staff events (Christmas drink, Sinterklaas and the staff party).
- Assisting with the organization of school visits.
- Administrative tasks with regards to new- and leaving employees
- Assisting with daily tasks of the HR department
- Updating and completing personal files
- Available for questions with regards to labor law, Dutch labor agreement etc.
- Welcoming new employees including paperwork and tour through the hotel
- Administrative tasks with regards to training and development of employees.
- Updating the birthday calendar and preparing birthday cards and gifts.
Please note that if you are not a citizen from a European state and you do not have a work permit for the Netherlands you cannot apply for this position.
How to apply for this career opportunity?
We appreciate hearing from all qualified candidates by submitting your application by using our Online Application Form. Website: Go to website
Mövenpick Hotel Amsterdam City Centre
Mövenpick Hotels & Resorts, an international upscale hotel management company with over 16’000 staff members, is represented in 24 countries with 72 hotels and resorts currently in operation. Focusing on expansion in its core markets of Europe, Africa, the Middle East and Asia, Mövenpick Hotels & Resorts specializes in business and conference hotels, as well as holiday resorts, all reflecting a sense of place and respect for their local communities. Of Swiss heritage and headquartered in Zurich, Mövenpick Hotels & Resorts is passionate about delivering premium service, culinary enjoyment and sustainable environments – all with a personal touch.
Mövenpick Hotel Amsterdam City Centre opened her doors in September 2006.
The hotel is situated on the ‘IJ’ and in the newest hot spot of Amsterdam between the Passengers Terminal and the Muziekgebouw.
Mövenpick Hotel Amsterdam is a modern 4 star hotel and offers 408 luxury guest rooms and 2500m2 Conference space devided over 21 state of the art banquet rooms in the hotel and the meeting center. Our guests also have access to the Fitness & Wellness. Other facilities inf the hotel are the Silk Road restaurant that can seat up to 250 persons with the East meets West restaurant concept , Silk Bar and 24 hour Room service. Mövenpick Hotel Amsterdam is a partner of IJvenues, together with the Music building, Bimhuis and the Passengers Terminal. For more information go to www.moevenpick-hotels.com/amsterdam & www.ijvenues.com.