Are you a person with a passion to cook? Are you eager to learn? And have you always wanted to work in a diverse kitchen team in a large internation hotel kitchen? Please apply for our Kitchen apprentice position!
Mövenpick Hotel Amsterdam City Centre has a Lobby & Lounge bar, a la carte restaurant, In room dining and 11 meeting rooms. Because of these different facilities, we have three different kitchens where you will work, as besides the a la carte dishes, we also take care of a lot of meetings/ catering.
The perfect candidate has:
- An education (BBL) to become a cook, level 2, 3 and 4
- A eager to learn, ambituous character and like to accept challenges.
- Passion for the job
- Team player skills
- A flexible attitude qua worktimes ( mornings, evenings, weekends and Public holidays)
- Sufficient knowledge of the Dutch and/or English language is mandatory
- Some experience in the kitche is a pré
What do we have to offer you:
- 32,15-hours work week (4 days at work, 1 day at school)
- An apprentice salary according to the Horeca CAO
- Travel allowance from 10 km travel distance with a max of € 127,- netto per month
- Sunday allowance of 5% and Night allowance of 20%
- Working in a young and enthusiastic team
- Working in a hotel (chain) with many opportunities
- Uniform, shoes and laundry service form the hotel
- During the apprenticeship there are a lot of opportunities for internal trainings and schooling
- A lot of develop opportunities within Mövenpick Hotels and Resorts
- Discount on rooms and F&B within Mövenpick Hotels & Resorts
The main responsibilities include:
- Preparing high quality culinary dishes
- Mise en Place activities such as washing, cutting and pre-cooking
- Preparing plates through a la minute cooking techniques
- Portioning and garnishing of dishes and controlling the presentation according to the recipes
- Making simple dishes for the personnel
- Front cooking for our a la carte restaurant Silk Road
- Working with banqueting sheets to prepare coffee-breaks, lunches and dinners for our (meeting) groups.
- Cleaning of the workplaces, kitchenequipment- and machines, cleaning hand tools and kitchen material, disposal of waste.
- Following the rules and regulations of the ARBO and HACCP rules
Please note that if you are not a citizen from a European state and you do not have a work permit for the Netherlands you cannot apply for this position.
How to apply for this career opportunity?
We appreciate hearing from all qualified candidates by submitting your application by using our Online Application Form. Website: Go to website
Mövenpick Hotel Amsterdam City Centre
Mövenpick Hotels & Resorts, an international upscale hotel management company with over 16’000 staff members, is represented in 24 countries with 72 hotels and resorts currently in operation. Focusing on expansion in its core markets of Europe, Africa, the Middle East and Asia, Mövenpick Hotels & Resorts specializes in business and conference hotels, as well as holiday resorts, all reflecting a sense of place and respect for their local communities. Of Swiss heritage and headquartered in Zurich, Mövenpick Hotels & Resorts is passionate about delivering premium service, culinary enjoyment and sustainable environments – all with a personal touch.
Mövenpick Hotel Amsterdam City Centre opened her doors in September 2006.
The hotel is situated on the ‘IJ’ and in the newest hot spot of Amsterdam between the Passengers Terminal and the Muziekgebouw.
Mövenpick Hotel Amsterdam is a modern 4 star hotel and offers 408 luxury guest rooms and 2500m2 Conference space devided over 21 state of the art banquet rooms in the hotel and the meeting center. Our guests also have access to the Fitness & Wellness. Other facilities inf the hotel are the Silk Road restaurant that can seat up to 250 persons with the East meets West restaurant concept , Silk Bar and 24 hour Room service. Mövenpick Hotel Amsterdam is a partner of IJvenues, together with the Music building, Bimhuis and the Passengers Terminal. For more information go to www.moevenpick-hotels.com/amsterdam & www.ijvenues.com.