PLEASE ONLY APPLY VIA: https://www.mpamsterdamjobs.com/Movenpick-stagesleerplaatsen/vacatures/Allround-F%26B-Trainee-%28per-1-september%29-JPNLS5P3C.html
Do you love to share your passion for food & beverages? Do you give the best wine recommendations to our guests? Would you like to contribute to a succesful event? And would you like to become an expert in F&B? Then this might be the internship for you!
Mövenpick Hotel Amsterdam City Centre has a Lobby & Lounge Bar, an a la carte restaurant, in-room dinining and 11 meeting rooms. Within this F&B traineeship you will rotate between the different F&B outlets and therefore you will have the unique change to explore your general Food & Beverage knowledges.
The main responsibilities include:
- Welcome and serving guests in a polite and friendly manner
- Taking food and beverage orders from the guest
- Giving suggestions on the menu-, wine-, or beverages card to our guests
- Preparing and serving the (beverage) orders
- Preparing and handling bills
- Setting and clearing of tables
- Setting up or breaking down the banquet rooms
- Other mice & place tasks for the different F&B outlets
- Leaving the different workplaces with attention
- Hotel school or tourism education (MBO level)
- An enthusiastic, hospitable, independent and proactive work attitude and passion for the hospitality industry
- A flexible mentality and is able to work in the mornings, evenings, weekends and on public holidays.
- Teamplayer skills
- Sufficient knowledge of the Dutch and / or English language (is mandatory)
- Availability for a minimum of 16 weeks, 5 days a week.
- 38-hours work week
- A trainee allowance of €500,- per month (including study- and travel allowance)
- Sunday allowance of 5% and Night allowance of 20%
- Working in a young and enthusiastic team
- Working in a hotel (chain) with many future opportunities
- Uniform and laundry service form the hotel
- During the internship there are a lot of opportunities for internal trainings and schooling
- A lot of develop opportunities after your internship within Mövenpick Hotels and Resorts
- Discount on rooms and F&B within Mövenpick Hotels & Resorts
Mövenpick Hotels & Resorts
A global firm with Swiss roots and a restaurant and hospitality heritage that dates back to the 1940s, our approach to service has remained consistent; warm, intuitive, personal and uniquely ‘Mövenpick’. We also embrace innovation to meet ever-changing guest needs and continue to celebrate our rich culinary legacy, setting trends but never compromising on quality and authenticity. An international company with a growing footprint, we take a sustainable and responsible approach, caring for local communities and protecting the environment in the destinations where we operate.
Mövenpick Hotels & Resorts is one of the world’s most reputable upscale hotel management companies. Since it was established in 1973, the hospitality firm has expanded its international presence and today, manages 20,000-plus rooms in more than 80 hotels across Africa, Asia, Europe and the Middle East. With ambitious plans to further expand its footprint across these continents, the company is on track to meet its target of operating 125 properties by 2020. The company’s global workforce of 16,000 hospitality professionals are trained to ensure Mövenpick’s traditional Swiss values are always upheld, guaranteeing the 7.5 million guests who stay with us every year are well looked after.