PLEASE ONLY APPLY VIA: https://www.mpamsterdamjobs.com/Movenpick-stagesleerplaatsen/vacatures/Front-Office-Trainee-%28per-feb.-2021%29-JPNLS2ZN0.html
The main responsibilities include:
- Check-in and check-out of our (international) guests and groups according to the Mövenpick standards
- Ensuring proper billing and charging of all accounts
- Handling and follow up on all guests requests
- Answering the telephone
- Working with the reservations system
- Learn to work at all the different shifts, morning, afternoon, evening and night.
The Front Office department consists of the following sub departments; Front Desk, Guest Relations and Concierge. A traineeship in this department entails that you can rotate between these sub departments.
The perfect candidate has:
- Attending an MBO or HBO Hotel school or tourism education
- Hospitable, enthusiastic, flexible, stress resistant and representative
- Motivated and proactive work attitude
- Sufficient knowledge of the English language is mandatory, Dutch is preferred
- Available for a minimum of 20 weeks, 5 days a week.
What do we have to offer you:
- 38-hours work week
- A trainee allowance of €500,- per month
- Sunday allowance of 5% and Night allowance of 20%
- Working in a young and enthusiastic team
- Working in a hotel (chain) with many opportunities
- Uniform and laundry service form the hotel
- During the internship there are a lot of opportunities for internal trainings and schooling
- A lot of develop opportunities after your internship within Mövenpick Hotels and Accor Hotels
- Discount on rooms and F&B within Mövenpick Hotels & Resorts and Accor Hotels
Please note that if you are not a citizen from a European Union state and you do not have a work permit for the Netherlands you cannot apply for this position.
Mövenpick Hotels & Resorts
A global firm with Swiss roots and a restaurant and hospitality heritage that dates back to the 1940s, our approach to service has remained consistent; warm, intuitive, personal and uniquely ‘Mövenpick’. We also embrace innovation to meet ever-changing guest needs and continue to celebrate our rich culinary legacy, setting trends but never compromising on quality and authenticity. An international company with a growing footprint, we take a sustainable and responsible approach, caring for local communities and protecting the environment in the destinations where we operate.
Mövenpick Hotels & Resorts is one of the world’s most reputable upscale hotel management companies. Since it was established in 1973, the hospitality firm has expanded its international presence and today, manages 20,000-plus rooms in more than 80 hotels across Africa, Asia, Europe and the Middle East. With ambitious plans to further expand its footprint across these continents, the company is on track to meet its target of operating 125 properties by 2020. The company’s global workforce of 16,000 hospitality professionals are trained to ensure Mövenpick’s traditional Swiss values are always upheld, guaranteeing the 7.5 million guests who stay with us every year are well looked after.