PLEASE APPLY VIA:
Are you a person with a passion to cook? Are you eager to learn? And have you always wanted to work in a diverse kitchen team in a large internation hotel kitchen? Please apply for our Kitchen apprentice position!
Mövenpick Hotel Amsterdam City Centre has a Lobby & Lounge bar, a la carte restaurant, In room dining and 11 meeting rooms. Because of these different facilities, we have three different kitchens where you will work, as besides the a la carte dishes, we also take care of a lot of meetings/ catering.
The main responsibilities include:
- Preparing high quality culinary dishes
- Mise en Place activities such as washing, cutting and pre-cooking
- Preparing plates through a la minute cooking techniques
- Portioning and garnishing of dishes and controlling the presentation according to the recipes
- Making simple dishes for the personnel
- Front cooking for our a la carte restaurant Silk Road
- Working with banqueting sheets to prepare coffee-breaks, lunches and dinners for our (meeting) groups.
- Cleaning of the workplaces, kitchenequipment- and machines, cleaning hand tools and kitchen material, disposal of waste.
- Following the rules and regulations of the ARBO and HACCP rules
- An education (BBL) to become a cook, level 2, 3 and 4
- A eager to learn, ambituous character and like to accept challenges.
- Passion for the job
- Team player skills
- A flexible attitude qua worktimes ( mornings, evenings, weekends and Public holidays)
- Sufficient knowledge of the Dutch and/or English language is mandatory
- Some experience in the kitche is a pré
- 32,15-hours work week (4 days at work, 1 day at school)
- An apprentice salary according to the Horeca CAO
- Travel allowance from 10 km travel distance with a max of € 127,- netto per month
- Sunday allowance of 5% and Night allowance of 20%
- Working in a young and enthusiastic team
- Working in a hotel (chain) with many opportunities
- Uniform, shoes and laundry service form the hotel
- During the apprenticeship there are a lot of opportunities for internal trainings and schooling
- A lot of develop opportunities within Mövenpick Hotels and Resorts
- Discount on rooms and F&B within Mövenpick Hotels & Resorts
Please note that if you are not a citizen from a European state and you do not have a work permit for the Netherlands you cannot apply for this position.
Mövenpick Hotels & Resorts
Mövenpick Hotels & Resorts, part of AccorHotels, is a modern, upscale hospitality company that is passionate about ‘making moments’, recognising that small gestures make a big difference to our guests, our owners and our people. We do ordinary things in an extraordinary way – a philosophy that has defined our brand’s success from the very start.
A global firm with Swiss roots and a restaurant and hospitality heritage that dates back to the 1940s, our approach to service has remained consistent; warm, intuitive, personal and uniquely ‘Mövenpick’. We also embrace innovation to meet ever-changing guest needs and continue to celebrate our rich culinary legacy, setting trends but never compromising on quality and authenticity. An international company with a growing footprint, we take a sustainable and responsible approach, caring for local communities and protecting the environment in the destinations where we operate.
Mövenpick Hotels & Resorts is one of the world’s most reputable upscale hotel management companies. Since it was established in 1973, the hospitality firm has expanded its international presence and today, manages 20,000-plus rooms in more than 80 hotels across Africa, Asia, Europe and the Middle East. With ambitious plans to further expand its footprint across these continents, the company is on track to meet its target of operating 125 properties by 2020. The company’s global workforce of 16,000 hospitality professionals are trained to ensure Mövenpick’s traditional Swiss values are always upheld, guaranteeing the 7.5 million guests who stay with us every year are well looked after.