Entertainment & Smart Ships Multimedia Technician will be in charge of the setup of on board CMS and other involved systems to ensure broadcast quality and content accuracy.
• Sets up the on board CMS and other involved systems to ensure broadcast quality and content;
• Coordinates all cruise schedule & daily program and uploads it on the on board CMS and other involved systems;
• Checks feasibility and ensures broadcast quality and content accuracy;
• Real-time monitors of on-board digital end-points and the resolution according to the SLAs.
• Fluent in English and Italian, knowledge of other languages is a plus;
• Preferred academic background in a related field (broadcasting, multimedia communications or technology);
• 5+ years of experience in a similar role within a multimedia centre, broadcasting CENTER, web TV or similar;
• Advanced knowledge of best-of-breed Content Management Systems (i.e. Adobe, Sitecore, HP, SDL, Liferay);
• Ability to work and edit the most common multimedia formats files (video, audio, images);
• Advanced IT literacy: understanding of main IT systems/ architectures;
• Good communication and relationship skills.
• VISA working permit, Entry and/or Transit VISAs may be required depending on ship itinerary
MSC Cruises is the fastest-growing cruise line in the world. Headquartered in Geneva, Switzerland, MSC Cruises is part of the Cruises Division of MSC Group, the privately-held Swiss-based leading shipping and logistics conglomerate.
MSC Cruises’ fleet of 17 modern and innovative ships is one of the most environmentally-advanced in the industry. The Company is committed to environmental stewardship and works to minimise and continuously reduce the environmental impact of its fleet both while at sea and ashore by employing innovative marine and environmental technologies. With a long-term goal to achieve zero emissions, MSC Cruises became the first major global cruise line to offset 100 per cent of its ships’ carbon emissions.
An industry-unprecedented €11.6 billion plan will see MSC Cruises’ contemporary fleet increase to 25 ships by 2027. Additionally, MSC Group’s Cruises Division is investing an additional €2 billion in a new luxury cruise brand comprising four super-yacht ships, launching one per year between 2023 and 2026.
Sailing to nearly 250 destinations across five continents, MSC Cruises brings together more than 180 nationalities from around the world, offering an enriching and immersive cruise experience inspired by the Company’s European heritage. Expect to find international dining, world-class entertainment, award-winning family programmes and the very latest guest-friendly technology onboard.
MSC Cruises is the only company in the world to receive the "7 Golden Pearls" award from Bureau Veritas, the global certification agency, in recognition of its high level of quality management and environmental responsibility. The Company has also achieved ISO 9001 and ISO 22000 certification for the quality and food safety of all aspects of its catering, both on shore and on board. Furthermore, MSC Cruises believes that global leadership brings increased responsibility towards the physical and human environments in which it operates. As such, a long term partnership with UNICEF was undertaken in 2009 to support UNICEF’s efforts at first to provide education to under privileged children in Brazil and anti-malaria solutions in various African countries. The partnership was renewed in 2014 to tackle malnutrition in developing countries and in emergency situations. Since the beginning of the partnership, over four million euros were raised.