In line with corporate offices guidelines and under the supervision of the Executive Chef, the Executive Pastry Chef supervises and trains the Pastry and Bakery teams to deliver excellent products to guests and crew in all food outlet.
• Ensures compliance with Company Standards of food production and presentation, including portion and quality control to deliver the highest quality and product;
• Ensures optimum daily delivery of pastry and bakery products;
• Maintains the highest standard of sanitation;
• Organizes daily working schedule for the Pastry and Bakery teams;
• Prepares and regularly reviews the inventory of the small equipment in use;
• Ensures that heavy equipment is maintained in good condition and trains the crew for a correct usage;
• Exemplary Leadership in this department.
• Fluent English. Any additional European language is considered an advantage (Italian, Portuguese, German, Spanish and French);
• Pastry Diploma / certificate and diploma in food safety/HACCP;
• Minimum 5 years experienced in a similar position with high volume/fine dining operation and in managing F&B personnel;
•Computer literate with MS Office applications;
• Extensive knowledge of Pastry techniques and raw materials;
• Good knowledge of ice-cream preparation, international desserts, chocolate and sugar;
• Extensive knowledge of food handling and sanitation standards;
• Ability to communicate clearly with managers, kitchen and dining personnel;
• STCW95 certification is compulsory (basic fire fighting, personal survival techniques, elementary first aid, personal security and social responsibility);
• A recognised medical certification is required before starting to work on board.
• Passport (with a validity of more than 1 year),
• Valid C1D Visa.
MSC Cruises is the fastest-growing cruise line in the world. Headquartered in Geneva, Switzerland, MSC Cruises is part of the Cruises Division of MSC Group, the privately-held Swiss-based leading shipping and logistics conglomerate.
MSC Cruises’ fleet of 17 modern and innovative ships is one of the most environmentally-advanced in the industry. The Company is committed to environmental stewardship and works to minimise and continuously reduce the environmental impact of its fleet both while at sea and ashore by employing innovative marine and environmental technologies. With a long-term goal to achieve zero emissions, MSC Cruises became the first major global cruise line to offset 100 per cent of its ships’ carbon emissions.
An industry-unprecedented €11.6 billion plan will see MSC Cruises’ contemporary fleet increase to 25 ships by 2027. Additionally, MSC Group’s Cruises Division is investing an additional €2 billion in a new luxury cruise brand comprising four super-yacht ships, launching one per year between 2023 and 2026.
Sailing to nearly 250 destinations across five continents, MSC Cruises brings together more than 180 nationalities from around the world, offering an enriching and immersive cruise experience inspired by the Company’s European heritage. Expect to find international dining, world-class entertainment, award-winning family programmes and the very latest guest-friendly technology onboard.
MSC Cruises is the only company in the world to receive the "7 Golden Pearls" award from Bureau Veritas, the global certification agency, in recognition of its high level of quality management and environmental responsibility. The Company has also achieved ISO 9001 and ISO 22000 certification for the quality and food safety of all aspects of its catering, both on shore and on board. Furthermore, MSC Cruises believes that global leadership brings increased responsibility towards the physical and human environments in which it operates. As such, a long term partnership with UNICEF was undertaken in 2009 to support UNICEF’s efforts at first to provide education to under privileged children in Brazil and anti-malaria solutions in various African countries. The partnership was renewed in 2014 to tackle malnutrition in developing countries and in emergency situations. Since the beginning of the partnership, over four million euros were raised.