In line with corporate offices guidelines and under the supervision of the Executive Chef, the Executive Pastry Chef supervises and trains the Pastry and Bakery teams to deliver excellent products to guests and crew in all food outlet.
• Ensures compliance with Company Standards of food production and presentation, including portion and quality control to deliver the highest quality and product;
• Ensures optimum daily delivery of pastry and bakery products;
• Maintains the highest standard of sanitation;
• Organizes daily working schedule for the Pastry and Bakery teams;
• Prepares and regularly reviews the inventory of the small equipment in use;
• Ensures that heavy equipment is maintained in good condition and trains the crew for a correct usage;
• Exemplary Leadership in this department.
• Fluent English. Any additional European language is considered an advantage (Italian, Portuguese, German, Spanish and French);
• Pastry Diploma / certificate and diploma in food safety/HACCP;
•Computer literate with MS Office applications;
• Extensive knowledge of Pastry techniques and raw materials;
• Good knowledge of ice-cream preparation, international desserts, chocolate and sugar;
• Extensive knowledge of food handling and sanitation standards;
• Preferable minimum 5 years experienced in a similar position with high volume/fine dining operation and in managing F&B personnel;
• Ability to communicate clearly with managers, kitchen and dining personnel;
• STCW95 certification is compulsory (basic fire fighting, personal survival techniques, elementary first aid, personal security and social responsibility);
• A recognized medical certification is required before starting to work on board.
• Passport (with a validity of more than 1 year),
• Valid C1D Visa.
JOIN US AND SEE HOW MUCH YOU CAN GROW!
MSC Cruises has grown exponentially since 2003. In such a short time, we have built a fleet of 21 modern and most environmentally advanced ships!
With our constant expansion, our fleet will grow in capacity with the arrival of eight new ships in three different classes by 2027.
One of our latest ships – MSC World Europa – was delivered in 2022, inaugurating the World Class. It is our largest cruise ship to date, with a capacity of over 6,700 passengers, served by more than 2,000 crew members.
In 2022 we also inaugurated the MSC Seascape which features new immersive high-tech entertainment with innovative technology that provides guests with endless leisure options.
From 2023 MSC Cruises will enter the Luxury segment by launching its first of four Explora Journeys ships. The ships will be equipped with the best and latest environmental technology and bestowed with a highly-innovative design.
With four new mega-ships and four Luxury ships to be built and delivered between 2023 and 2027, the biggest and most important challenge for MSC Cruises is to find, recruit and train a high number of new crew members needed to provide the service, fun and safety that have become hallmarks of MSC Cruises.
This massive project is already well under way. The Human Resources Team is not only working to recruit the best talents but is also visiting our manning agencies and hiring partners around the world to ensure that the right people and facilities are in place to prepare this ‘army’ of new crew members for their life at sea.
We need motivated and ambitious crew members who work with passion and understand the value of a smile.